This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All my sensors (Speed / cadence / heart rate )repeatedly disconnects and then reconnects during indoor activity

Hello,

During my indoor activity using my edge 830 in indoor mode (no GPS) connected to my scwinn IC8 bike sensors (speed and cadence) + heart rate monitor polar OH1 I am repeatedly seeing the disconnection of my 3 sensors during activity. It's very frustrating !!!! I tried a factory reset of my edge but no difference . I am using the version 9.10 and I've seen that a beta version 9.24 is available, but I didn't see any sensor related fixing in the release note .

In the error log file I see this error several times:

[
{
"unit_id":"3305719162",
"product_name":"Edge 830",
"software_part_number":"006-B3122-00",
"ms_since_epoch":1643195536000,
"system_version":"9.10",
"build_type":"PRODUCTION",
"backtrace":"mtk_stp_btm - Error type ( 0 ) File( ..\\..\\..\\Platform\\imx7\\hwm_edge_mt6630.c ) Line( 484 )",
"error_cause":"Assert",
"proprietary_info":{
"Commit ID":"1d7e0a9b099dad2dbdb8a3d521432ccad7d5dd20",
"Time":"2022-1-26 12:12:16",
"Project Specific":"2022-1-26 12:12:16",
"Fatal":"NO",
"Task ID":"A0FCBF68",
"Task Name":"mtk_stp_btm",
"File Name":"..\\..\\..\\Platform\\imx7\\hwm_edge_mt6630.c",
"Line Number":"484",
"Message":"MTK6630 CoreDump"
}

},

• Same here, in every indoor or outdoor activity.

Regards

• Same here from months ago.

It starts happen on 8.00, not resolved on 8.10 nor 8.20.

I downgraded to 7.10 and no more sensor disconnections.

I updated a gain to 9.10 and the disconnection problem returns.

I have to come back to 7.10 to solve.

I use this sensors outdoor:

-Giant eBike Speed/cadence ANT+
    -Giant eBike LEV ANT+

-Garmin HRM-Dual ANT+
    -Garmin Edge Remote

-SRAM AXS ANT+

All of them disconnects approximately once or two times by training.

Same behaviour indoor (without both Giant sensors, plus speed/cadence, power and home trainer ANT+ sensor from Elite Direto X).

It’s a shame that we have to use a 1 year old firmware, because the next 4 stable versions have a sensor disconnection problem.

A problem that appear in a lot of threads in this forum, and a problem that Garmin can’t solve…

• Hello DanielCascales,

I agree with you it's a pity that we have to use some old software .... As you mentioned , I think my garmin has the same problem also for outdoor activities. Thanks for your workaround I will get back to you to confirm that it "solved" my problem, and I hope that garmin will do a fix asap .

Regards

• I get back with some news: I downgraded my edge to 7.10 but I still had the disconnection of the sensors(not the same message as with 9.10) during my activity, so I did several tests and I suspect the problem come from my phone Bluetooth connection. I have an Iphone 11 ProMax. If I deactivate the phone connection from my edge device I didn't see the disconnection problem. I put back the 9.10 software and I keep my phone connection off during the activity, seems to work fine though I didn't test the workaround for a long ride . I'm still waiting that Garmin will do a fix asap !!!! I put the error debug trace, it should be very simple to analyse .....

• Thanks for the information. Actually, I think I am suffering this problem approximately since I upgraded from iphone 7 to iphone 12. I will make some tests to confirm.

• i did yesterday my first workout without being interrupt by sensors and phone connectivity, of coarse with phone connection disabled on my edge 830. As I mentioned I have now an iphone 11 pro max, but not from long time, before I had an android phone .

• Anyway, this is a workaround and not a permanent solution, as you don't have all the functionalities that I payed for such as emergency call, livetracking , phone notifications .... it is strange that the phone connection with an iphone was not tested ....I'm still waiting a bugfix from Garmin !!!

• I’m using an iPhone X some years, every ride with LiveTrack/Group Track activated. I receive the disconnection messages only with 8.00 and later. With 7.10, did you receive any message? Maybe I’m having disconnections, and didn’t notice them if there is no message.

• with the version 7.10 you don't see the disconnection notification as in 9.10 , but the results are the same (in my case using my schwinn indoor bike) . I didn't ride outside for a while, so I didn't test using my giant ridesense sensors installed on my road bicycle . In my case, with two versions (7.10 and 9.10) if I keep the phone connection enabled on my edge I will have my sensors disconnected and very rarely reconnected, sometimes I even need to reset my edge device because is frozen.

deactivtion of the phone connection from edge device:

• PS with the phone connection deactivated in 7.10 I had the same results as in 9.10 that's why I decided to go back in 9.10