This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 830 Public Beta 9.24 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 830 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found in the link below.

Edge 830: https://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=14955

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 9.22 to 9.24:

• Fixed automatic maximum heart rate detection.
  • Added the ability to perform the FTP test with power data coming from a trainer.

Changes made from version 9.20 to 9.22:

• Changed gear battery data field to display percentage remaining if available, which affects Shimano Di2 single-battery systems.
  • Updated sensor low battery prompts to differentiate between low and critical status.
  • Fixed issue where distance could stop accumulating.
  • Fixed issue where text message sender names would display incorrectly.
  • Thank you all for your feedback. We have identified the issue regarding freezing/rebooting and will have a release ready later this week.

If you have experienced the rebooting or freezing during boot up and want to stay with 9.24 or go back to 9.10 please follow the instructions below:

1. Hold lap key while plugged in to go into mass storage.
    2. Open Garmin --> Delete Apps Folder (consider saving off a copy to restore when the new release is available - some things will not fully restore and you might need to redownload the apps)
    3. If you're staying on 9.24, avoid using CIQ for now.
  • Thank you @Garmin-Matthew. This - Delete Apps Folder - was the solution. Now my Edge is alive again.
    PS: You can forget Garmin Support. They wanted to sell me a replacement device for €140.

• To be honest it states on the download page for beta firmware to use a specific beta firmware email address to report any issues you have when using beta firmware.  The regular support channel isn't the way to go when using beta firmware.

• Thx. It has worked. Maybe Garmin is capable of finding a solution for this bug.

• I'm still seeing sensor disconnects (and automatic reconnects). It would be great if this issue could be addressed at some point.

• [
    {
    "unit_id":"3305719162",
    "product_name":"Edge 830",
    "software_part_number":"006-B3122-00",
    "ms_since_epoch":1643195536000,
    "system_version":"9.10",
    "build_type":"PRODUCTION",
    "backtrace":"mtk_stp_btm - Error type ( 0 ) File( ..\\..\\..\\Platform\\imx7\\hwm_edge_mt6630.c ) Line( 484 )",
    "error_cause":"Assert",
    "proprietary_info":{
    "Commit ID":"1d7e0a9b099dad2dbdb8a3d521432ccad7d5dd20",
    "Time":"2022-1-26 12:12:16",
    "Project Specific":"2022-1-26 12:12:16",
    "Fatal":"NO",
    "Task ID":"A0FCBF68",
    "Task Name":"mtk_stp_btm",
    "File Name":"..\\..\\..\\Platform\\imx7\\hwm_edge_mt6630.c",
    "Line Number":"484",
    "Message":"MTK6630 CoreDump"
    }

},

• yes, just like that (it also started with some update and it's there in every ride).

• after the update to 9.10 the trainer disappeared from sensors and does not show up anymore after search (other sensors work, like cadence, speed, power and phone, BLE and Ant+ so i assume the amazing garmin sw qc strikes again. Tried with 9.24 beta but same results, factory reset and finish wrongs but didn't help.

Return is not an option, what else? I can't find the older versions of the fw to downgrade unfortunately.