This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Continuous dropouts after 8.20 upgrade

Edge wanted to update before today's indoor turbo ride, so I let it. Had constant dropouts from mainly my Powertap P2 pedals, but all sensors kept dropping out and being found again. Restarted the edge twice. Finally switched to Neo 2T as power source and things were better, but not good.

The log: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/7199037349

What is going on?

• Exactly the same. HR blinking off and on. Keeps switching off mid ride. Which then dumps aerobic riding. I’m absolutely fed up with this unit. Maps do nor show any depth. Blue line is the details. Course or round trip does not work. Only way to plan a ride is via app. Even at that route calculation error keeps coming up. Have deleted and installed all maps several times. 

• Had the same issues with 8.10.

Was happy to see 8.20, thinking it would solve it, but no.

Very pleasant to do a training only to see a big fluctuation with the resistance during a Zone 5 to7 power session.......

When the device was new, it was more stable on version 8.0, will look if I could go back to this version...

• I've googled a bit and found the procedure, but not the actual firmware... Please let me know if you find it.

Can't believe Garmin is still making hardware useless by non downgradable firmware updates... So frustrating.

• Maybe i was just lucky, but on yesterday's 100k i had no issues with dropouts. Of course one ride is not enough to conclude. But it made me happy that one ride Slight smile

• Same problem here. Since update 8.20 I cant use my speed sensor anymore, every 3-4 seconds the message "speed sensor found" pos up. very annoying, poor work. I did a restart, I removed and readded the sensor, no change.

• Put other (not new) batteries in my Powertap pedals and today it worked just fine. Only once, in the middle of the ride, a popup telling me that the trainer was found. 

(Recorded both with 830 and 945 to be safe...)

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to TichuPotter

I'm having the same problem, presumed it was a faulty sensor and got a new one only to realise it's the 830s firmware.. One day garmin will get their act together! 

• I haven't had any issues with the latest firmware.  Speed, cadence, power sensor connections are solid.

• @wongataa 

Ride more and You will have! :) If You can share your original FIT file, there is a big chance that i will find a dropout in it what You missed  during the ride... ;)

• Sorry, I Iooked through the fit file and couldn't see any issues.