This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Transfer routes from Garmin Connect to Garmin 830

Hello 

I have iPhone and Garmin 830

I use Ride with GPS application 

Last month I was able wirelessly transfer my Club routes from RideWitGPS to my phone and eventually  to Garmin
Now Club created a new route and I wanted to transfer it to Garmin
Unfortunately it did not work this time!
First I opened Garmin Connect on my iPhone. I could see the route on phone. I confirmed that phone is connected to Garmin and sync service to Garmin is enabled.
I opened the route on Garmin Connect and sent it to devise. It claimed that sent was successful. Then I sync phone with Garmin. It also was successful. I opened my Garmin but I don’t see the route. I checked that Garmin is connected to phone and Wi-Fi.
Still not luck.
Could you suggest what could prevent transfer this time while it worked before?
Thanks

• I've got this same issue. Any fix to it? I create my courses in Komoot and they show up under courses on my Garmin Connect app but will not show up on my device. They sync and show "download complete" as well but nothing. 

I also have the Komoot IQ app but it keeps saying "A download error occurred. Delete the downloaded Tour and try again". I have tried to download offline but no luck. This is so frustrating. 

• I'm having the same issue and none of the names are similar. No courses are syncing from the Garmin connect app to my device. What options do we have? 

• You can always plug the Garmin into a computer, download the GPX route file from Komoot and copy it into the Garmin\Newfiles folder on the Garmin unit.  When you unplug the Garmin the route will show up in the route list on the Garmin.

• I had a lot of exchanges with the Garmin Support Desk which led nowhere. Eventually trawling through datasheets on line, I discovered a little known fact : the number of courses on a Edge device is limited to 100. Even if there is plenty of disc space available, after 100 courses, the device continues to sync but the new courses are not displayed and there is no warning message. Some IQ apps (including Komoot) indicate an error (without saying what it is).

It seems that the only way to delete courses is individually on the device which is painfully slow. But it solved the problem.

• Very easy to delete courses by using file explorer when Garmin is connected to computer with USB cable.

I've never understood the rational for keeping so many courses on the Garmin since this slows it down and the courses are easily transferred using Garmin Connect.

• This appears to have fixed it, thank you so much!