This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I cannot pair my Edge 830 - traped in a loop in Garmin Connect

Hi,

I received my Garmin Edge 830 and try to connect it with Garmin Connect. I had a Garmin 810, so I made it work in the past, and I have an Garmin watch - so I also know what a pain the device connection can be.

I rest the Edge, disconnect the 810 from the Connect app, started all devices new. I can connect the 830 with bluetooth with the phone. If I follow the instruction, I end up in the connect app menu "add device". There is a red exclamation mark which says I need to finalize the connection via bluetooth. If I enter the menu, I have to following steps

Do you use a heart rate monitor? if I click yes I come to the setting for heart rate zones. If I click for adjusting, I get back to the first question. If I click no, I get to the page where the app asks me "left of right wrist". Either choice does not let me continue and I am stuck. I can't even go back to the add-device menu, only to the heart rate question. Therefore, I need to restart the app.

This is a total disappointment. Is there any solution for this? I feel really stupid, I got the old device to work, but here, I am out of options.

Thank you for your help..

• Not sure what the problem is but do not connect the 830 to the phone's bluetooth via the phone's blue tooth settings.  If it is, forget the connection on the phone and the 830.  Do the connection only through the Connect app on the phone.  If it was me, I'd forget the bt connections on the phone and the 830, uninstall and re-install the Connect app, then following the instructions in the app for pairing the phone.

• Ok, thanks. 

I, well, figured it out. Since there was no way to get it working, I de-installed all Garmin apps, signed out and reseted the device. After that, It actually did work. 

I had to reconnect my Garmin watch, though, too.

Overall, the need to sign out and reinstall the app, a process in the app that cannot be aborted without closing the app and the need to discnnect my current device is quite a unique experience.

Thanks for helping.