This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BUG 7.0.0 - Connect IQ app is open. Close the app before putting device to sleep

Hi

Since upgrading my EDGE 830 to latest version 7.0.0, I have an issue with my Komoot app from the Connect IQ store...

I usually start an activity from that app so I can create my route in Komoot.

Now when I do that, the activity is not able to launch as the start/pause button has no effect at all... and if I try to shut down the Garmin I get this message (in the title), not my picture below but same message:

/resized-image/__size/320x240/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/403/Screen-Shot-12_2D00_14_2D00_19-at-11.27-AM.PNG

If I hold the power button for 10 seconds, everything works fine including the start/pause button, until I launch an activity from Komoot again.

What should I do to fix this?

• Same happened to me today after loadind a track from Strava Routes IQ. I was not able to Start to record the activity, and if I tried to turn off, the same messsage as yours attached happened to me.

• Thanks, I was considering installing Strava Routes instead but then there's no point...

"Positive" news is that it seems to be a bug related to Connect IQ (as it happens for both Strava and Komoot) so we might expect Garmin to fix this...

• I encountered the same problem after updating the firmware on my Edge 830. I tried reinstalling the Komoot app through Connect IQ, but this did not help. Luckily the Edge did show the route (behind a continously blinking start/pause button).

• Same here with Komoot. Could only start the activity since it asked me if it should do so being near the start position. Learned mid ride that the lap button doesn't work (well it kinda does, it does a beep, but doesn't start a new lap). Same when trying to stop the activity. No reaction besides a beep. Luckily turning off the device by pressing the power key for 10 seconds and restarting it let me stop and save the previous activity.

• Same with Komoot. I can start activity (IQ app Kommot), but i can not stop it. Lap button does not work as well.Whenn i put the device on charger, activity was stopped and saved.

• Does anyone know if there's a way to roll back to the previously working version, without losing any parameters / activities?

Also, does the support typically monitor these forums or will we have to wait for weeks that they fix this issue which should never have been part of a production firmware?

• 1. probably not.

2.i do not have clue.

Probably we have to wait for fix this issue. Disappointed

• You can install previus firmware version.

1. Connect your Edge 830 device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
    2. Download and unzip Edge830 v620.zip and place the GUPDATE.gcd file in the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
    3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.

Download from Edge 830 v6.20

NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.

You can save all your settings

Copy all the files from the folders, and then copy the files in the NEWFILES folder.

SETTINGS - inside you will find the file SETTINGS.FIT, which contains the user and device settings
    SPORTS - the RUNNING.FIT file is stored here, with the specific settings of the sport application
    TOTALS - inside you have the file TOTALS.FIT, with the total data of the time and distance device
    COURSES - inside are the different routes that we have created or synchronized, each of them in FIT file. Be careful if you do not have a backup copy of them (because you have uploaded it directly in file format and not created through a platform), if you do not save it you will lose it.
    LOCATION - Contains the LOCATIONS.FIT (or LCTNS.FIT) file, where saved places are stored.
    RECORDS - this folder contains the RECORDS.FIT file, storing all your personal records (of times and distances).
    SETTINGS - inside is the SETTINGS.FIT file, with user and device settings.
    SPORTS - each FIT file is about one of the applications created for each sport.
    MLTSPORT - each FIT file is a multisport application.
    TOTALS - inside you have the file TOTALS.FIT, with the total data of the time and distance device.

Also copy and paste the rest of the folders: Activities, Courses, etc.. 

• The kamoot app hasn’t been required to sync courses for some time,it may mean the app itself is the problem. I removed the app ages ago and have had no problems syncing Kamoot with firmware 7

www.dcrainmaker.com/.../garmin-launches-strava-komoot-route-sync-works-on-devices-a-decade-old.html

• Thanks ! I followed the instructions from your link, and even though it says this is intended for older devicesnot supporting Connect IQ it works just fine, don't need the Komoot Connect IQ app anymore Slight smile