This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pairing failed

I just updated to the latest firmware version 6, everything is up to date in garmin express, I have moto g7 with android 10 and now the phone pairing won't work anymore. A couple of days ago, just before the update the edge would not connect to the phone anymore, so I removed it from the edge device, removed it from the bluetooth devices on the phone and removed in the gamrin connect app.

Since then there is no way to pair the two, it starts off fine detecting the edge 830 and starting the pairing process, when I select the edge 830 from the list of bluetooth devices in garmin connect it asks me to pair with the pin and it seems to go well and the progress bar reaches about 50% with "completing setup..." and the fails with pairing failed.

I tried to reset the device, remove the bluetooth connection, restarted about 50 times both devices reinstalled garmin connect, uninstalled the connect IQ app, cleared the storage cache of the bluetooth app.

Any thoughts?

• Same here with LG G7 with android 10

Fenix 5 Connects without any issues

reinstalled GC but no luck

any thoughts?

• OK Issue Solved!

i have downloaded an old version of GC 4.19.1 - Works like a charm!!

in the process i have spent too much time in useless efforts doing:

1. edge 830 downgrade SW to 5.5
    2. clear all Bluetooth cash and storage
    3. spent nearly 6 HRS in these efforts
    4. Garmin online support was pretty useless

GC auto update is disabled for the next 6 months!

• I have the same! LG G7 Thinq (Android 10) and Edge 830.

I already spent 2 days trying to fix the problem.

Pairing failed always on 30%. I restart phone many times (also return fabric options), remove bluetooth conections and devices, reset Edge, reinstall Garmin Mobile App and nothing changed!

Interesting thing is that Garmin paired with another phone without any problems (also LG G7 Android 10)! Also with iPhone 8 and new intalled GC App it runs.

Please tell me how can I download the GC 4.19.1 version and is downgrade software version in Garmin needed?

• What finally worked for me was uninstalling GC, downloading version 4.22.1 (e.g. From www.apkmirror.com/.../), making sure to "forget" the device in the phone Bluetooth and pairing from that version. After pairing I simply updated GC to the latest version and so far no issues.

• I am having the same problem.  New phone with Android 10 and will not pair with the 830.  It will pair with my Vivoactive4S.  Looks like an issue with GC and Android 10

• YES! I installed the oldest version of GC and it works! Thanks a lot!

• Install one of the previous version of the GC App e.g. 4.19.1.

Should works :)

• I installed 4.22.1 and was able to pair both of my devices.  I then upgraded to the most current version and things still seem to work.  I will keep my fingers crossed.  Clearly Garmin has some work to do.

• I have upgraded to last version of GC, and it holding up for the last few days.

One trick i have found in LG G7, is to disable and re enable the BT, then press the search button in the dialogue..and the EDGE 830 establish the connection.

• A mi también me ha pasado o me pasa . Se lo lleve a la tienda donde lo compre . Los chicos muy amables y serviciales pero no sabían donde podía estar el fallo. Yo ya me imaginaba que pudiera ser la ultima actualización del 5.50 al 6.00 del pasado viernes . Fui a salí este miércoles y el sensor de Fc no reflejaba y a partir de ahí ya no sé empareja el móvil con el GPS se queda al 30-50%.

Hice todos los pasos como indica Azazel 

Me lo llevan al servicio técnico de Garmin