This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No WiFi

Hello,

I just bought a new 830 and when trying to setup WiFi all I see is this

On the other hand, my Fenix 5s can find 3 WiFis around me without any problem, I'm using the latest software 5.50 and I also tried factory reset. Is this a know issue or a faulty unit?

Thanks!

• try to connect from garmin express or GC app

• Same thing, no WiFis found

• At my home I have 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz connections.  The Garmin only sees the slower 2.4 connections.  Maybe something like that?

• Nope, I have both 2.4 and 5Ghz available.

• I have the exact same issue as you, that's how the 'Found Networks' are showing for me on my edge 830, my Garmin watch finds my home wifi no problem, my Edge 830 often doesn't find any networks or shows a page like yours above. Wifi is enabled, everything is fine on the Garmin connect app - it's just my edge 830 won't connect to wifi anymore. Also wondering a dodgy device or a glitch in software. I have reset both my home wifi and done a default to factory settings to clear my edge 830 device. Nothing made any difference.

• Hi guys, I’m having exactly the same issue. Did you end up resolving it? If so, how did you do so?

• Do you possibly have unusual characters in your WiFi SSID ?  E.g., accented characters like é or whatever.  I can imagine this would confuse the WiFi code on the 830.   I haven't experimented with this, but I thought I'd ask based on the fact that those weird characters display instead of the expected SSID.

• Very same issue. Posted about it a couple of months ago. Happened just like that. One day it worked, the other it didn't anymore. By digging around some I found some indication that some UnityMedia router may cause this problem. I assume that some network nearby is "jamming" all the signal for my edge. In fact, when I commute to work, there my Edge will find all networks available without any issues, at home it won't. It tried disconnecting my own router/modem, but the problem still persisted, so the origin of this must be someone else's network. The thing that does infurate me is, that all of our garmin watches (FR645M, FR645 and FR945) have no problem finding networks at home. So it must be definitely a problem with the Edge, either something with the wifi module or the wifi software.

Oh, another thing. I used my work iPhone as a router as another step to find a solution. When I'm away from home, my Edge sees the hotspot and connects just fine. When I save this hotspot on my Edge and go back home it also connects just fine with my iPhone, but after deleting the hotspot from my Edge, it is not able find it anymore (while still at home). Then I manually enter my iPhone's hotspot SSID and Password and it connects without any problems again. But when trying this workaround for my 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wifi at home it just won't work. I don't know, but this makes just NO sense!

• Have you tried to modify the Wifi channel to another one?

• Same issue for me. Can't find any wifi networks in the Connect app and same thing as seen in the screenshot on the device.. COME ON GARMIN, setting up this device is so painful!!