This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather Alerts: How to turn off once and for all!?

On my Edge 830, I go to Menu ->System->Widge Management-> and I slide the Weather slider to "off". In Garmin Connect app I don't even have the Weather app installed. In Garmin Connect app I go to "General" and have turned "off" the Weather slider about 100x but it always turns itself back on! How can I turn this off once and for all!? It's super annoying getting constant updates on the Edge saying "Gale winds" or similar (even when the weather is perfect). 

• ditto.  Come on Garmin. Are you listening?

• The answer to your question is "No!" Ugh...these weather alerts drive me nuts. Every ride. Multiple times. Despite turning them off on the Garmin Connect app and syncing to all my devices.

• Garmin, please fix this. It's annoying as hell. I don't give a *** about weather alerts.

• I don't get any weather alerts on my 830.

I've disabled the Weather notification in the Connect app's settings (Android phone).

On your phone, click on the Settings app and scroll down for Apps. Find and click Connect in the list.

Scroll down and click Notifications and alter the Weather slider.

Its never activated itself again.

• Unfortunately for a whole bunch of folks, and I think it's more an iOS problem, doing that (turning the weather slider to the "off" position in the GCM app) doesn't help. It just resets itself to the "On" position right after. It's very frustrating. I've turned mine off hundreds of times with no effect. Constant weather alerts, all of which are wrong as well. It's a known issue that Garmin hasn't addressed yet, even with that latest update for the Edge units.

• In the Android Garmin Connect app, go into the device settings for your unit, then under general make sure that "Weather Alerts" is OFF, no matter if it is greyed out. Turn on "Weather", toggle "Weather Alerts" off, and then turn off "Weather" again.

This has worked for me in the past; I've never had weather toggle itself back on.

• That might be some glitchy type workaround for you but it definitely doesn’t work for iOS. It’s a known issue for Garmin and Apple as far as I can tell from my discussions with Garmin that has no solution as of yet. 

• lucky you. I have iOS. Alerts are keep coming on the ride. Supper annoying.

• This issue for iOS only, no issue with android. This method may work: go to iPhone settings --> Garmin Connect --> Turn Share Location to Never. Turn Notifications Off.

• I have this same problem and an open support ticket with Garmin. Last I contacted them, they said "I thought that was fixed."  I sent them my diagnostic logs.  As of today: I have the latest Garmin Connect on iOS, latest Edge 830 software. I have turned this feature off hundreds of times.  Still no luck; it keeps coming back and is quite annoying.