This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Please Help: Can't connect my Edge 830 to my iPhone (Garmin Connect) any more

For the longest time, my Edge 830 would connect to my iPhone version of Garmin Connect just fine.  Then, after one of the updates (about 3-4 weeks ago), I had to 're-setup' my Garmin Connect App and re-add my Fenix 5X and Edge 830.  The Fenix connects fine-the Edge 830 no longer connects.  I've tried everything...

Tried:

1) 'forgetting' my 830 on my iPhone (under the bluetooth devices)

2) re-pairing using the BT function of my phone, then going to the app to 'finish setup'

3) rebooting the Edge 830, the iPhone, and trying again.

4) Deleting the entire Garmin Connect App, then 'forgetting' the Edge 830, then trying again - no success

How the heck to I get this to 'reconnect'?  When I go into the 'devices' section of Garmin Connect, it sees the 'unfinished install' present and asks me if I want to finish setting it up.  I've tried that, and it starts by asking me to select an accessory-so I cancel that and it attempts to complete the setup, but fails every time.

I have not done anything with the device settings under the web version of 'Garmin Connect'-not sure if I need to try something from that angle next?  Very very frustrating...

Please help.

Sean

• Wow-THAT actually worked!!!  So the problem (as you probably figured out) was that I needed to wait [F   O.  R.  E.  V.  E.  R] in the 'choose an accessory' popup with the Edge 830 sitting next to why phone before the Edge 830 showed up in the menu!  Once it showed up, I selected it and it was all automatic from there.

Job well done-thank you so much!  Hopefully this helps anyone else who struggled/struggles in the future.  

• You're welcome. Nice! Now I bet you should see the "Forget phone" in the 830 menu path. If you upgrade GC app and have to go through the pairing process, you'll have to do my steps 1-4.

• Yep, it now shows up.  I just checked.  Thanks again for your help.

• Wow, so glad to have found this thread.  I was struggling with the same thing.  It’s illogical to have to chose the Edge 830 twice as the device you are wanting to connect and it’s not an accessory!  Glad to have this resolved so I can feel better about selling the 810 now.  

• I've read a message on a local bike rider forum concerning IPhone connectivity with Edge 830. One user described that he couldn't have got a stable bluetooth connection as long as he had Connect IQ Store application installed. Once he uninstalled it he got perfect and stable connection. I'm not iPhone user so I can't test it, but maybe ... 

• Interesting. I don't have Connect IQ app itself installed my iPhone, and sometimes, but rare, I still have issues connecting. The GC app can connect to the Connect IQ store directly.

• I'm trying to pair my wife's 830 with her iPhone/GC and having the same problem.  The 830 comes up on "Choose an Accessory" but then it cannot connect after that and displays an error message telling me to go back to Settings on my phone.  Any tips?

• This worked. See step 3.

• this was the key for me also. I had to wait close to a minute for the 830 to show up in the Accessories list. Before, I kept cancelling out of the Accessories screen, then it would try to connect and would fail. Didn't realize it considered the 830 an "accessory". All good now! Thanks!

• I am having the same problem connecting my 830 to my iPhone. I’ve wasted hours of my life trying to mKe this work. So very frustrating and not a great introduction to the world of Garmin. My device says it’s paired - the app say it is not.  I have gone through garmin’s troubleshooting tips and the advice on this forum with no luck.  Looks like this device will be going back first thing tomorrow