This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Power Zones keeps changing

So I saw this thread from three years ago I can't believe it's still an issue: https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-820/125555/power-training-zones-keep-changing-on-head-unit and I never hit in on my 820, but on my 830 I keep getting changed to the 9 zones instead of the 7. I keep resetting it and then it comes back. REally frustrating to be in a race and all of sudden you notice the zones are all screwy.

• ok, then try following, i think sometimes the syncs between Garmin Express and Garmin Mobile and back to Edge don't work correctyl, change it on Edge correctly, then switch off the edge, plug it in to your Computer and sync with Express, unplug Edge, switch off Edge, switch on Edge and sync again with Garmin Mobile, repeat all this steps a second time.

Same thing i have to do sometimes when Trainingsload on Mobile is different between Edge and Forerunner, it takes a while that Physio True Up is synced correctly

• I never connect it to my computer now, all sync's happen over the connection of my phone, or WiFi, are you saying I should go ahead and install the plugin on my computer again and sync it that way to see if that stops this behaviour?

• i think it is very important to sync it 1 time a week with your Computer too, if a sync Not Work correctly, you See it in your Computer, cause there you See outstanding syncs in the so called queue of Garmin Express

• Okay I'll see about setting that up. I never attached the 820 to the computer, nor have I attached the 830 in the time I've owned it (since August) the few times a sync got stuck attaching to WiFi did it.

• oops. missed the mention of 7+ zones in the original question.

• Faced the same situation. SImply cannot find a solution

• on the plus side I've not seen it in a while, so maybe it's finally stopped, then again, I've not done much but ridden one profile (indoor) on the trainer so that may also be part of it.