This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"SETUP Di2 BUTTONS" prompt- how to disable the prompt?

Hi All,

When my 830 connect to DFly a prompt pops up asking me if I wish to setup the buttons for Di2.  My buttons have already been setup.  Is this a bug?  It's really annoying and the prompt doesn't go away until I tap 'X'.  I searched the Garmin forums and found a one-year old post with the same issue on a 820.  There was only one reply and no solution.  Is Garmin aware of this issue?  Why does the prompt come up even after all of the button options have been setup?  Thanks.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

this thread ?

I have shimano Di2 2017 with D-Fly, so I connected it with my 820.
    I dont knon why every minute 820 display the message "SETUP Di2 BUTTONS? " even if I've done setup for all buttons and they are working well.
    I tried to delete sensor and setup again, but no change.
    It's really annoying...
    Any suggestions? thanks
    Stefano

and answer/suggestion ?

Did you make sure your shifters don't have a lose connection? Pretty common if e-tube connections are broken or lose.

did you check the connections ?

and the setup you did was like this ?

in the Garmin unit, go into sensors, select DI2, select Sensor Details, select “DI2 Button Setup, select the shifter you want to change and you should see three options (single, press and hold, and double press). That is how it works on the 830 anyway.

happy & safe sporting

• Yes this is the thread I found.  My Di2 cables are secure and Di2 buttons have been setup.  The prompt doesn't come up all the time but I'd say 90% of the time.  Since Di2 button setup is a one-time effort for most people this prompt is really redundant and unnecessary IMHO.  I wish Garmin can look at this and remove the prompt.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Pdlpsher

My Di2 cables are secure

good news Slight smile

happy & safe sporting

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

FYI double post setup-di2-buttons-prompt--how-to-disable-the-prompt

happy & safe sporting

• Just an update on my issue.  I fixed the issue by doing the following 1) delete and reinstall the sensor, and 2) switched the L and R buttons from channels 1 &2 to 3 & 4.  I did some trial and error, and found that deleting and reinstalling the sensor alone is not good enough.  Using channels 3 & 4 solved the issue.

• OK, BUT! - how to change hose channels? I was tryong to do it but don't know how?

• Via Shimano's E-Tube mobile app.  But just to be aware the same issue might come back to haunt you sometime later.  And when that happens I just change it back to channel 1 & 2.

• I m having same issues with E530. I have been trying to eliminate the messages by upgrading the Di2 and Edge 530 to the latest firmware but still no luck.  I will try to switch the channel and hopefully that will resolve the issue. 

I noted the issue has been first raised back in years ago. Why would not Garmin take into a look? At least they can write the code to have an option to disable the endless loop of prompting the same Di2 message…

• Are all your sensors connecting to your garmin via BLE or ANT? I am using BLE for all sensors Did you try this?

I think I m going to give it a try to switch ANT. The problem may be caused by the interference caused by the wireless transmission.