This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Highly recommended with DI2

Not really a question but wanted to pass on some feedback for those of you wondering whether the 830 is right for you. I picked one up today from my local bike shop. My setup is the 830 connected to an iPhone, Garmin HRM (the dual ANT+/BLE one), Bontrager DuoTrap speed/cadence sensor and also latest Ultegra DI2 with the D-Fly wireless adapter. Have to say it was a breeze connecting it all up and the most impressive aspect for me is the integration between the 830 and the DI2 shift levers. The extra button on each of the brake lever hoods can be programmed to activate functions on the 830. I use a single press on either lever to switch between activity screens, hold the button on the right lever to start/stop an activity, hold the left lever button to activate the map page. Finally i use a double tap on the right lever to start/stop a ‘lap’ and I haven’t decided what to use the double tap on the left lever for yet (there are so many functions).

Anyway, highly recommended for anyone with DI2 who doesn’t want the huge 1030. The responsiveness of the screen is amazing and I’ve had no connectivity issues with my sensors or iPhone.