This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incident Detection Overly Sensitive

Reports of over-sensitivity have percolated through these forums for a long time. I'm on the most current firmware and, unfortunately, any time it rains and I brake even reasonably hard with my front brake, the vibration sets off the incident detection alert. I have disc brakes on a Trek road bike -- and the rotor does not appear to be out of true. Dangerous situation because I end up relying solely on my back brake in the rain more than is ideal.

Anyone else experience this?

• I've just experienced this today. Changed bike to old Trek Checkpoint with squeeling breaks which seems to set the Garmin off at every traffic light. I'm now faced with disabling a ueful safety feature because of this glitch. Has anyne found a better workaround?

• Unfortunately, the feature has been and continues to be useless. I have resorted to purchasing an ANGI crash sensor, made by Specialuzed, that I've attached to helmet. Another $50 purchase because the Garmin crash detection feature is inadequate....

• This is still happening in 2023 with my Edge 830. I did ride through some water, brake disks got wet and later the squeal of the brakes triggered the incident detection. Twice today.