Incident Detection Overly Sensitive

Reports of over-sensitivity have percolated through these forums for a long time. I'm on the most current firmware and, unfortunately, any time it rains and I brake even reasonably hard with my front brake, the vibration sets off the incident detection alert. I have disc brakes on a Trek road bike -- and the rotor does not appear to be out of true. Dangerous situation because I end up relying solely on my back brake in the rain more than is ideal.

Anyone else experience this?

Parents
  • I've found the same thing, and came here looking to see if anyone had posted a solution (besides turning it off).

Commuting to work via a Fat Bike this winter, and if my front disc brake is slightly damp and chatters, it sets it off every time. Currently using organic resin type pads and waiting for sintered to arrive as I've found way less chatter when wet with sintered disc pads ... if your rotors will allow them to be used.

• I've found the same thing, and came here looking to see if anyone had posted a solution (besides turning it off).

Commuting to work via a Fat Bike this winter, and if my front disc brake is slightly damp and chatters, it sets it off every time. Currently using organic resin type pads and waiting for sintered to arrive as I've found way less chatter when wet with sintered disc pads ... if your rotors will allow them to be used.

Children
No Data