830 freezing ant+ feed

My 830 is dropping connections to my PM and HR monitor mid-ride. Batteries are good all the way around, and my Garmin Virb is still recording data from the sensors during the same time the 830 has either dropped the signal or is frozen. See the HR in the last portion of today's race.

Stages PM, Wahoo HR

Parents
  • FWIW, I received the email below from Garmin suggesting a hard reset of the device would fix the problem:

You'll need to fully reset the Edge next:

This will reset it back to its factory default settings and wipe any data currently stored in the device, so if at all possible, please upload any important data to Garmin Connect before proceeding. After the reset has completed you will need to re-enter your profile details and zone information or send it from Garmin Connect.

1. Disconnect your device from your computer/power

2. Power the device off

3. Press and hold Lap and Start/Stop

4. Power device on while still holding both buttons

5. Continue holding buttons when the Garmin ‘splash’ screen appears

6. Release buttons when Garmin ‘splash’ screen disappears

Leave the unit outside, with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data before use.

• FWIW, I received the email below from Garmin suggesting a hard reset of the device would fix the problem:

You'll need to fully reset the Edge next:

This will reset it back to its factory default settings and wipe any data currently stored in the device, so if at all possible, please upload any important data to Garmin Connect before proceeding. After the reset has completed you will need to re-enter your profile details and zone information or send it from Garmin Connect.

1. Disconnect your device from your computer/power

2. Power the device off

3. Press and hold Lap and Start/Stop

4. Power device on while still holding both buttons

5. Continue holding buttons when the Garmin ‘splash’ screen appears

6. Release buttons when Garmin ‘splash’ screen disappears

Leave the unit outside, with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data before use.

Children