This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multiple Edge 830 listed

I don’t know if this is normal for the Garmin devices so bear with me. I, like most of you, have been dealing with the syncing and blue tooth issues lately. I’m on an iPhone 11 with iOS 13.1.3.  This specific issue has been occurring prior to the iPhone 11 upgrade.  Both device and software version. 

ive tried multiple times but I continue to have two (2) Edge 830 listings in my blue tooth devices list. One (1) will connect and the second usually needs manual connection. If I delete one the device won’t sync properly. Any insight to this?  Is this normal?  

• On my Galaxy S8, the two BT connections have different icons.  One looks like a depiction of a desktop computer and the other looks like a tablet and cellphone.  The tablet and cellphone icon is also associated with some BTLE sensors I have paired with my phone.

• I just updated to iOS 13.2 and the pairing issues came back.

I do have this same two listings and one of the never connects automatically. 

The biggest issue I'm having is that no matter what I do the device never connects to the Connect IQ app so I'm not able to install new data fields, widgets etc.

Any idea what can I do to solve this?

Also if the two connections are needed to work, do we always have manually connect the edge?

Thx.

• I also noticed that 1 of the 2 Bluetooth connections needs to be connected manually,might be the Classic BT since the Weather Widget on the 830 shows "Weather Report Unavailable"

• I continue to find this intriguing. For kicks, I unpaired and then paired my phone-830 again. I still have one BT connection with a computer icon. The following work with zero issues: texts, email, weather, automatic ride uploads to gcm, and strava segments. Also, my speed sensor connects with no issue, albeit not a phone BT matter.

My phone is an s7 edge. I continue to use the trusted device feature. My edge software is 5.00/2.50. My device connects reliably to my phone without opening GCM. I have had no BT issues for over a month. 

My big want seems to be a fix to the gps performance issue.

• Just got a new 830 and both BLE830 and BT 830 are listed. The BT830 doesn't want to connect manually and doesn't automatically connect. The BLE does connect.

• BT 830 uses a lot more power but has more throughput. It's only used when a file needs to be transferred. BLE 830 is very low power so can stay connected without affecting battery life. If your device is working then don't worry about it.