This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated Warning Livetrack Auto Start Timed Out every 30 seconds

On a ride home a couple of days ago I had a warning that appeared every thirty seconds or so covering the lower third of the screen. Every time I cleared it, it came back.

I was following a route, and had said Yes to "You are near the beginning of the route, would you like to start"

This was on 4.10, iPhone 7 plus, IOS 13.1.2 GCM 4.23.3.4

I've subsequently updated to the beta 4.21 and haven't tried reproducing the error.

A few screenshots attached

• I had this happen today on my 830. Latest software on device and iPhone as others have said and yes bloody annoying for the whole 4hr ride (needed iPhone connected for calls/messages). Only thing of note is this was my first ride without my riding partner after we hooked up his phone/Garmin combo for live track. 

• do not do what this guy says

my device now won`t connect to my iphone after doing what he advised

its as it was connection wise when it was new

it took hours to get it to connect when new & now i have to go thru this again 

do not do what this guy says

• in case anyone hasn't caught it, this is on the items that are fixed in the 5.2.5 beta.  i actually installed the 5.2.4 beta last week (despite my better knowledge to not trust garmin betas) and it appears to be fixed as of that version.  i've got 6 rides on it and livetrack starts the firsttime (well, at least that is what the edge says - i haven't looked at the livetrack functionality itself) and i haven't gotten the repeated failure alerts.  thought it was funny that it wasn't mentioned in the 5.2.4 release notes and came on here to let everyone know and saw 5.2.5 is out.  and it's listed as one of the fixes officially.  

-scott - Windfield.app - live wind speed on your garmin