This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated Warning Livetrack Auto Start Timed Out every 30 seconds

On a ride home a couple of days ago I had a warning that appeared every thirty seconds or so covering the lower third of the screen. Every time I cleared it, it came back.

I was following a route, and had said Yes to "You are near the beginning of the route, would you like to start"

This was on 4.10, iPhone 7 plus, IOS 13.1.2 GCM 4.23.3.4

I've subsequently updated to the beta 4.21 and haven't tried reproducing the error.

A few screenshots attached

• Nope did it again this morning on 4.23 - the only thing i did different was not get GCM going on the phone before riding. Paused riding and got connect going but the error persisted. 

• Are you using auto start?

• Happened to me this morning on edge 1030 software version 9.0 . Really tired of the connectivity issues etc with Garmin. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Yeah, well done, Garmin!

Same thing happened today. Again. V 5.00, iOS 13.2, iPhone 11 Pro. Had to stop the ride, shut down 830, turn it on, resume the ride. Of course, LiveTrack didn't work, although I could see other riders and get notifications.

Any more useful tips, ?

• Happened to me today too. Had to disable live track to stop it. Does anybody know if there’s a software update to fix this?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to NJSevenRider

V 5.00 was supposed to fix this, so - no.

• I submitted a support ticket, and got this response this evening.  Haven’t tried it yet but thought I’d share...

I'd like to have you follow the steps in the article below to see if they resolve your issue. Please click here for steps to unpair your Edge from your phone.

Once you have completed the process of removing the pairing between your Edge and your phone, I would recommend signing out of the Garmin Connect app, and then signing back in. You can then follow the steps in the article below to pair your Edge back to your phone.

Pairing Your Smartphone

Let me know if after you complete these troubleshooting steps if you are still having issues with Livetrack. 

• Former Member

So, basically a "have you tried turning it off and on again"?

• Exactly.  Waste of effort...

• Former Member

And once again... I did everything as they suggested to you in a support ticket.

Got out, started riding, LiveTrack Auto Start Timed Out. This is really a piece of dogsh software. And yet once again, had to stop, stop the ride, turn off the piece of cr Garmin, turn on, resume the ride. And so my distance alerts were off, because it starts to measure it from the spot that I started it again, eventough it counts the whole ride as one session, which it is.

And notifications didn't work at all, and the whole time it showed as connected to the iPhone. When I finished the ride, it synced via BT without problems.

Go figure. Really, really frustrating. Funny thing is, I really don't give a sh that LiveTrack failed to start, but do I really need notification across half the screen EVERY FRICKIN 30 SECONDS!?!?!

Bah...