Edge 830 Backlight after dark

I have the backlight set to turn off after so many seconds and have auto-brightness set.

This is fine for daylight hours, however after dark it would be nice if there were some way of automatically turning the backlight permanently on and then reverting back to timed mode during the day. Is there currently a way to configure this.

My current workaround is to set a minute cadence and stop pedaling for a few seconds so that I get an alert which turns the light on, but this is far from ideal.

Parents
  • Hmmmm I dont understand what are you doing but let me tell you my method

Afer I start the ride I press power button in order to lock the screen, with the screen locked if I tap on my 1030 back-light turns ON (without activating Garmin menu) , I set my back-light to 1 min for example , I don't know If I want to have always on because most probably I will forget even at Day 

Another feature will be nice to have back-light  set up in each profile 

• Hmmmm I dont understand what are you doing but let me tell you my method

Afer I start the ride I press power button in order to lock the screen, with the screen locked if I tap on my 1030 back-light turns ON (without activating Garmin menu) , I set my back-light to 1 min for example , I don't know If I want to have always on because most probably I will forget even at Day 

Another feature will be nice to have back-light  set up in each profile 

Children
No Data