This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 830 Backlight after dark

I have the backlight set to turn off after so many seconds and have auto-brightness set.

This is fine for daylight hours, however after dark it would be nice if there were some way of automatically turning the backlight permanently on and then reverting back to timed mode during the day. Is there currently a way to configure this.

My current workaround is to set a minute cadence and stop pedaling for a few seconds so that I get an alert which turns the light on, but this is far from ideal.

• This is big idea. Developers please add this feature!

• I was just about to feature request this myself.

The older Edge units had much quicker access to the backlight timeout, so I never thought twice about it, but I did a few times run the battery down when I forgot to turn it off. Now you have to dig through several menus.

With daylight savings coming soon, either making a feature like this or at least putting quick access on the pulldown menu would be a big help.

• +1 for the pull down menu quick access; currently it's very user-unfriendly

• Hmmmm I dont understand what are you doing but let me tell you my method

Afer I start the ride I press power button in order to lock the screen, with the screen locked if I tap on my 1030 back-light turns ON (without activating Garmin menu) , I set my back-light to 1 min for example , I don't know If I want to have always on because most probably I will forget even at Day 

Another feature will be nice to have back-light  set up in each profile 

• On other hand: anybody knows what impact on battery life has the backlight?
    For example: 20 hours without backlight and 15 hours with 20% backlight?