Battery drain for 830 when switched off?

The battery lifetime when the device is on is really great. However, when I switch it off completely (i.e. Power off - not sleep!) battery drains completely. I did not remember this behaviour from my Edge 810....

Is there some setting I need to pick? Does the Edge wake up and does some updating in the background? I cannot imagine this, but still would like to know.

Parents
  • Same issue. Purchased new device yesterday, updated software to version 5, spent an hour going in circles getting the 830 to pair with my iPhone (In two years I have never had a reliable connection between my edge device 1030 and my iPhone - looks like the 830 will be no different). Plugged into wall and charged to 100%, turned off using power off and left overnight. Jump on the bike for a ride this morning and the battery was at 0%. Had to ride with the device hooked up to a battery pack cable-tied to bottle cage ... Garmin devices have a lot of positives when they work, but software and reliability issues have plagued every device I have owned (not to mention problems with Vector 3’s). Garmin seem to always release half baked products that the try to fix over the first 12 months or so of it’s life cycle... Thinking I will return the device as faulty and go back to Wahoo. 

• Same issue. Purchased new device yesterday, updated software to version 5, spent an hour going in circles getting the 830 to pair with my iPhone (In two years I have never had a reliable connection between my edge device 1030 and my iPhone - looks like the 830 will be no different). Plugged into wall and charged to 100%, turned off using power off and left overnight. Jump on the bike for a ride this morning and the battery was at 0%. Had to ride with the device hooked up to a battery pack cable-tied to bottle cage ... Garmin devices have a lot of positives when they work, but software and reliability issues have plagued every device I have owned (not to mention problems with Vector 3’s). Garmin seem to always release half baked products that the try to fix over the first 12 months or so of it’s life cycle... Thinking I will return the device as faulty and go back to Wahoo. 

Children
No Data