This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I set different bicycle profiles on the 830? It was easy on the 800.

I am considering updating to the Edge 830 from the Edge 800. I ride several bikes and have the profiles loaded on my Garmin 800. Does the 830 have ability to recognize several bikes?

• Why doesn’t Garmin let you set a speed or cadence sensor to a profile, then when you jump on your bike it auto selects the correct profile, you could also have an rfid sticker on your mount if you don’t use extra sensors.  Bike profile should automatically go through to Strava too

• So, if two people switch bikes, but keep their personal head units (connected to their Garmin account) and ride together, their head units will pick up sensors from the wrong bike?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago

I have power meters, speed / cadence sensors on each bike.  If I let a friend borrow a bike to ride with me, I have to go into the pool of sensors and disable the sensors to the bike they're on to avoid being prompted to switch.    Aside from that I do separate ride type profiles for each bike. 

• I have different Activity profiles. But how do I pair my bike with the profile? For example, when I choose my MTB profile and ride, I want the ride data to show that I rode my "SCTallboy" bike, while riding the Gravel profile, I want the ride data to reflect my "CdaleCX3" bike. Is this possible?

• That is not possible.  You have to manually add the bike in Connect to the relevant rides.