This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Shimano Ultegra Di2 RD-8050-DGS, 11-Speed ?

it is possible that i replace my bike and the new one have Shimano Ultegra Di2 RD-8050-DGS, 11-Speed, do i see the shifting only on Edge or do i see it also in my recorded activities like the Vector 3 metrics?

if yes, some1 can post a screenshot how it looks like?

Is there something special i have to know when i buy it?

• Any plans to add the Power Meter battery?  I know it is broadcast because I can pull it up in maybe Rotor app.  I just like knowing for the major components when i should charge :)

• I've not heard anything on this. The power meter will broadcast a low battery message. This is controlled by the manufacturer of the power meter. V3 gives a warning with around 20 hours of run time left.

You can view the battery status under the sensor details. I've not looked at it, but I would assume you could write a Connect IQ data field that would display the status of the power sensor battery.

• Thanks, there is one called “Gear Battery” which I couldn’t work out what it related to though. Is that the same as “Shifter Battery” that you mention above? The Gear Battery field remained blank even when my Di2, Light and Edge battery fields were populated.

I’m not sure what you mean by “the lowest battery” do you mean it changes dynamically depending on which battery has the lowest charge in the system (light, edge, Di2 etc)?

• Gear Battery is what I was calling Shifter Battery. I would need to test it if you have both Di2 and Gear Battery showing on the same page. If you have just one of them the UI should dynamically switch it to match with the electric shifting system you are connected to.

For the Light battery reporting the lowest. I meant if you have a light network compromising of multiple lights, headlight, multiple taillights, Radar. The data field will report the status of the battery that is the lowest out of those light network devices.

For the Gear battery if it is a SRAM system it will report the battery with the lowest status from the rear, front , left shifter, right shifter batteries.

• Ahh, SRAM, I was just thinking of a Shimano environment, makes sense

• So I checked this this morning.  I can confirm I can run both the Gears Battery field and the Di2 Battery at the same time.  I know on my old Edge 520 I had to use the Di2 field as the Gears one would not detect it.  But on the 830 the Gears battery field detects the Di2 Battery and also updates the description to Di2 Battery.  Neat.

• I know there is CiQ app to record the edge battery to the fit file and view it in connect. It would be great if someone did the same for Di2 and lights so that we could track it over time