This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Shimano Ultegra Di2 RD-8050-DGS, 11-Speed ?

it is possible that i replace my bike and the new one have Shimano Ultegra Di2 RD-8050-DGS, 11-Speed, do i see the shifting only on Edge or do i see it also in my recorded activities like the Vector 3 metrics?

if yes, some1 can post a screenshot how it looks like?

Is there something special i have to know when i buy it?

• In order for your Edge to pair with the Di2 you will also need to have the Di2 wireless module added to your Di2 system (you also need the Di2 correct battery).  This will allow the bike to pair to the Edge like a sensor and your fit activities will accumulate shifting data (eg how many front and rear shifts).  

You will also be able to display Di2 gear information on your Edge (eg 52-36 or a graphical pic of the cogs and which gear you are in), Shifting mode, Di2 battery.  I can upload some pics later tonight.  Also if your shifters have the buttons in the hoods, you can set the Di-fly to switch screens without needing to take your hands off of the shifters.  That is my setup.  And I like having the gear numbers on my main page so I never have to look at my cassette to figure out what gear I am in. Seeing the Di2 battery is a plus too (I have a page where I show Di2 battery, Edge battery and light battery).  

• that would be nice, thx a lot!

• Here is my main screen where I like to see the gear combo.

Next is my battery screen

And lastly I put this screen together just to show some of the other info you can display.

Finally here are the buttons in my shifters that talk wirelessly to the 830.

• thanks a lot,looks nice, hope one question is allowed, do i see my shifting in the recorded activity on Garmin Connect too?

• No, but you can upload the .fit file to di2stats.com and see everything there.

• What’s the difference between Di2 battery, and battery (or is Battery the Edge battery charge)?

• I saw a post that the gear counts had not yet been added to the 830 summary pages. It would be included in a future release.  They are included in the fit file and I check them out on my F5+ When the activity is pushed to my watch.

• Battery is the Edge battery.  I wish there was a Power battery field.

• that sounds good, thx again!

• There are several battery data fields avaiable

• Battery - the unit's battery
    • Light Battery - the status of the lowest light battery
    • Di2 battery - the status of the Di2 battery, Di2 communicates over a private ANT network (not ANT+)
    • Gear (Shifter) Battery - the lowest battery in an ANT+ shiftier set-up.

On recent Edge units it does not matter if you add Di2 or Shifter battery to the UI as the Edge will dynamically switch data fields based on what shifter system you are currently connect to.