This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cant update 830

My 830 currently has software version 3.5.  I can't update update to the latest version and newest chipset.  I've tried the following:

- Garmin Connect - no updates appear

- Garmin Express - device not seen by computer even after trying to put it in USB mode.

Getting pretty frustrated.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• With the computer up and running, attach the powered off Edge to the computer via the USB cable supplied with the unit.  Not all cables will work.  The Edge will boot up on its own and after a minute or so will switch to showing a computer tower on its screen.  You will see a Garmin drive on your computer's file system.  Garmin Express should be able to find your edge at the point.

• Using the Garmin-supplied cable did the trick!  Thanks!

• Hi! I have the same problem but at the moment without the possibility of using Garmin Express.

I set up mine two days go and it still claims there is no update to 3.50. The Edge is paired with the Connect app on smartphone. Activities and everything else sync flawlessly. Both devices also connected to my wifi.

Anyone know how to push this Update OTA?

• Uodate: Today I had the chance to install Garmin Express and cnnected the Edge via USB. Express showed a map update being available and during the (long) download of that package the Edge (still connected to Express) suddenly found and downloaded the firmwae 5.00

This seems to have happened via Wifi directly and in parallel to the maps update and not via Express, so no idea if the connection to Express or something else triggered the update. Anyway, topic closedfor me.