This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Climb Pro

Is there option to disable page with list of following climbs and let only to pop up a graph with a hill when approaching it? It useless  to me and I don't like to have another page to skip.

• +1.  I don't find that list of climbs useful either.  When I'm in the middle of an intense ride I don't have the brain capacity or patience to read through that list and make any sense of it.

• I thought that this would be an amazing feature but I don't think its quite there yet, it could be awesome. I just did a 140k ride that according to Climbpro had 12 climbs. Does the Edge figure out what a climb is itself? Or are the climbs preset in the routing data? What I found out is this.

There seems to be a 30 second to 1min+ lag. I had already passedt the very step section of the ride and was almost on the flat, but Climbpro was saying I was approaching the steep section, wrong.

Climbs either started way sooner or kept going past what Climbpro states. I had already been climbing for 5 minutes sometimes and then Climbpro is like "Hey there's a climb coming up". Consistently Climbpro would say a climb is 2km at xx elevation gain. consistently the true climb is actually 4km. Climbpro consistently said a climb was over and the road in reality kept going. 

• I wish there was somehow a way to pre-select which climbs you actually want to show up on climbpro when navigating (like segments). Out here in Western North Carolina even the shortest of rides yields an annoying amount of climbpro notifications. Currently it seems to either be on or off but no way to select which ones you actually care about beforehand. 

• Thanks for that. I had previously read that document. Very informative. Still doesn't solve the issues of lag and the fact it's not picking up the full climb. Granted I have only used this on one route. I will create some more routes and see how it reacts.

• The issue is likely associated with the quality of the elevation data provided in the route file.

As a test look at the climbs identified by ClimbPro from the course file. Then using your actual ride file create a course from it on the Edge and then use that and see if the climbs identified by ClimbPro differ and are closer to what you would have expected to see.

• I believe Garmin are looking at providing a feature to allow you to adjust the threshold used by ClimbPro when it is determining what is a climb. 

• Good call. I will try that.

• I turned my commute into a route. Climb pro picked up the main climb and it was bang on accurate where I was on the climb. So using it's own gps data to make a route Climbpro works very well.

• Do you mean that you have driven a really generous ride on a bike trainer? Or am I reading this wrong?