This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keeps saying "nice jump" when riding on pavement.

last Sunday we were riding on smooth blacktop road at 14 ~ 15 mph on full suspension mountain bike, the Edge 830 keeps beeping and displaying "nice jump" every a few minutes. some show jumping over 7 ft. i was certainly not jumping!

in average 2~3 hour trail rides the Edge would show 30 to 50 jumps when i only had 5 ~ 8 hops/jumps. anyone else has such experiences?

• Same thing to me, 4 meter jumps pedaling on flat fire roads!

My 830 is solidly mounted on a top-cap Garmin mount, so no flex no anything!!!

Some serious SW improvements needed here...

• Hey Garmin App developers...this feature is rather stupid and it doesn't work.  Please let us turn it off.

• would you mind enlightening me and the others who want to turn this feature off on how this is done?

• ok, I enlighten you, if you're not able to find a simple setting.
    profile settings->mtb/cx->jump alerts

• Yup, you can indeed disable it... But then it should be advertised as an ALFA-feature, not a premium one in the press...and perhaps disabled by default.

It's performance is pointless, it's probably 50 lines of code written by a distracted interim developer :D

• thank you.  I am far from the only one who could not find where to disable this buried feature.  Your attitude, like the feature itself needs some improvement.

• I have my garmin on my top tube mounted, behind (or before, depends on how you look) the steerer. I have this false positive only when I roll some tormac street dh, what is not the usual case for an mtb, don't you think?
    as long as I ride trails or even fire roads- no false positives. and yes it IS a super MTB feature.

"50 lines of code". We have an expert here, he supposedly knows everything better!

• Ah well, I fell (very, very unspectacularly, even boring!) with my bike and ruptured two ligaments on my ankle (only because those darn cleats didn't let loose and my foot got badly twisted! I wouldn't even have gotten a scratch from the fall!), got a cast and was out of business for four months. But at least I got an "awesome jump" for my fall (again, it really was extremely unspectacular)! Laughing

(Oh, and incident detection worked flawlessly on both the Edge 830 and my FR945)

• I am on the other end of the problem. My 830 has never once praised me for my jumps even though the function is switched on from day 1.