This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Confirmation before saving ride

Hello,

Is it possible to somehow set confirmation before saving ride when I pause activity? It happens to me very often that I save ride by accidental touch (save ride is biggest button on the screen) .  Last time when this happened it was during my 300km ride :(

Thanks

M

• Yeah, tap back button is first thing what I am thinking about after 100Km ride ... 

• tap back, click power, you choose. You have a problem, here're some solutions for you, but you want your special one:)
    good luck waiting, till garmin developers implement your wishes

• You can protect your screen from tap it accidentaly if you block it with power button

• Exactly! I just realized that I posted my comment in the edge 830 forum, but I own the 530 Plus. Same problem, but how can we reach out to the development team of garmin?

• U have 2 probs guys. First is, Garrmin is not listening to customers.
    Second your discussing the wrong thing. The screen you are discussing is already the confirmation.
    All that is ok. I ran into that issue as well at the beginning.
    The right question here would be - Why can't you put the device in sleep mode without stopping the ride.
    The 2nd issue with that is far more important, because it happened to me more often, you may MISS to start the ride again.
    For the 1st reason forget about Garmin will solve yoiur issue. If that would be your expectation you need to change the brand.
    You need to make the right way dealing with it a habit.
    As already mentioned by other users. Keep on the mount, stop the ride and put to sleep and AFTER take it off.
    Otherway round - FIRST put it on the mount and AFTERf switch it on.
    And make it a habit to put it on the mount  and start the ride after - EVERYTIME. Means works for a break as well.
    You may fail a few times - but you can make everything a habit as for other things.
    I meanwhile do not fail anymore.

• hulster said:

Second your discussing the wrong thing. The screen you are discussing is already the confirmation.

Then why do we need to press two more buttons if on that screen we select the "Discard" option?

There is a clear inconsistency imposed on the users. Some people may not regard this as a bug, but user interface designers will strongly disagree with that. Not that I have high hopes that Garmin will ever change that - on that point I concur with you ...

• Because a deletion is more critical. You are not able to restore it. A simple saved ride is still there. Just it will be splitted if you save it accidently. Btw - a lot sports software is able to make them one ride again.
    Anyway - it is a useless discusseion.
    if you are a long experienced Garmin user you will know there is no way to force anything. And no direct contact and ... etc

• I have this ALL the time too. I pause a ride and then accidentally hit "Save Ride" (or a rain drop does it for me) and then it's game over. I wish it had a little message saying, "are you sure you want to end this ride? Yes|No". It would save SO MUCH frustration.

• New 830? You will get used to it.
    The much bigger issue is, you likely miss to start the session again.

• No, I have the 1030 Plus. It's an amazing computer but not having an "end ride" verification drives me crazy. 

LOL, I have forgotten to start it too but that less of a problem (for me).