This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Confirmation before saving ride

Hello,

Is it possible to somehow set confirmation before saving ride when I pause activity? It happens to me very often that I save ride by accidental touch (save ride is biggest button on the screen) .  Last time when this happened it was during my 300km ride :(

Thanks

M

• I suspect if you use auto pause, this would not be a problem.  I normally never touch the stop/start button except to start or end the ride and have never seen the save ride prompt come up at an inappropriate time.

• I use auto pause but at a cafe stop where you take the device off the bike it gets activated by movement.  The solution I found was to lock the screen with the power button before pausing with the start/stop button. If you use the power button while paused the device goes into sleep. I expect it would resume ok and save some power but with the great battery on the 830 it’s not been required. 

• Interesting solution.  I have not had to remove my unit mid ride yet, but I am sure there will be times I need to.  I have not been able to make it sleep mid ride. Is there a trick to that?

• Yes you can sleep mid ride:

During a ride press the start/stop button then the power button and the ride is paused and the unit goes to sleep using no power. Press power to wake it up and resume the ride again with start/stop.

During a ride press the power button followed by the start/stop button and the unit stays on but it isn't possible to press "Save Ride" on the screen until it's unlocked. Start the ride again with the start/stop button.

• I just wanted to post something similar. When I was in the mid of an AlpCross the same occured also to me, as well with my 10k run yesterday. It's really annoying as the result is that the run is not counted as 10k run in Strava. For my AlpCross I got then two rides at one day which is also not optimal. @Garmin: Please provide a confirmation dialog before saving or deleting a ride.

Thank you!

• something like this?

You have to push 3 times to delete a ride when you stop the activity, but only one to save it.

• Yes, an extra confirmation dialog would be great, but how can we raise this with the developers / garmin officials?

• after stopping the ride hit the back button (the device than goes to your data screens, and you can navigate through menus as usual), and you won't  be able to save the ride accidentally. during that you'll be seeing an red icon on right screen side to go back to save or discard the ride.

• Hello,

This doesn't help. Save ride is biggest button and several times I pressed it accidental when I want to remove Edge from holder. Form my point of view this is trivial functionality already implemented for discard so why this isn't for save ride? Everything else is a workaround.  

M

• just tap back button before removing your device from the mount, dude.
    or why dont you just click the power button and send the device to sleep mode before removing it from the mount?