This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recovery time and training effect on different devices

I am using edge 830 and Fenix 5 X and has tried using then both for the same Traning. I am using true up, and both devices are syncing to the same account (and uses the same settings). I sync both devices before my Traning.

But after the Traning the Fenix reports:
Traning effect :3.8/2.0
Recovery time: 32 hours

Edge:
Traning effect :4.7/2.0
Recovery time: 3 days

All other data is equals.

This is a little confusing.

• Almost same issues here. I also also have an Edge 830 and a Fenix 5X. TrueUp is active on both devices. I use the Edge 830 for MTB and spinning and the Fenix 5X for everything else. 
    For me it seems to be imposssible to get them to sync properly. They are living their own lives, different training load, training status and activities are not syncing fully.
    A bit frustrating I think.

• Recovery Time should sync between the two devices. I would make sure that the Physio TrueUp feature is indeed enabled in the device settings in Garmin Connect. Understanding the Garmin Connect Physio TrueUp Feature

As for Training Effect, this metric is learned by each device. This is not transferred by Physio TrueUp.

• Regarding training effect, then i don't understand that it shall differ so much, then I will say that it is unreliable. 

• Is it then two or more product owners that has responsibility for "Their" product and then forgot about the end user experience?
    If you see it from a end user perspective - let's say I have two, even three Garmin devices and all of them show different metrics for the same activities, then what use is it for me as a user? I just get confused? Which data should I trust or not? It just gives me doubts if I can trust the data at all when different devices with the same activities, since they are synced (TrueUp), give various results on load, training status and recovery?!

Also, what you say doesn't  match the "Understanding the Garmin Connect Physio TrueUp Feature" in your own support pages.
    My Edge 830 and Fenix 5X both has Physio TrueUp (and is active) so then what is stated below should work then? Right?

What is Physio TrueUp?

Physio TrueUp is a feature that lets you switch between compatible devices while keeping the following data in sync:

• VO2 max
    • Recovery Time*
    • Training Status
    • Training Load
    • Race Predictor
    • Last Sport Widget1
    • Last Run/Ride/Swim Widgets1
    • Weekly and Monthly totals1

1The Garmin Instinct is only compatible with these Physio TrueUp features.

*NOTE: Recovery Time will only update when both devices being used have the Physio TrueUp feature enabled. 

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=EjPECQK58qA0xzJ5X74vm7

• Yep- it's pretty ridiculous that almost none of the What is Physio TrueUp post on Garmin's website is actually true.. fix it please!!!

• I also am having doubts about the validity of the data provided by the devices based on the differing information I get from them. 

• Here are som statistics from my Fenix 5X vs Edge 830 over time. This is not ok to me. You guys from Garmin need to decide on how to make these numbers ONE number, a summary from all devices.

• Unfortunately same here, also training status and training load are different.

• I'll update here as well...

Good news!
    I got an update from Garmin today regarding this issue (training load and training status). It has been noticed by Garmin enginering and approved as a "bug" or whatever you will call it. I was told there will be an update in early August that may be the first step in solving this. Not how they will solve it, but just that it will be taken care of. To be countinued...

• I hope, they will be faster than the 1.75 years it zook to fix the bad NTP ideas they had with the Index.