This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recovery time and training effect on different devices

I am using edge 830 and Fenix 5 X and has tried using then both for the same Traning. I am using true up, and both devices are syncing to the same account (and uses the same settings). I sync both devices before my Traning.

But after the Traning the Fenix reports:
Traning effect :3.8/2.0
Recovery time: 32 hours

Edge:
Traning effect :4.7/2.0
Recovery time: 3 days

All other data is equals.

This is a little confusing.

• Well, any news on this?
    Firmware 5.00 released, release notes doesn't mention anything and for me it's still wrong.
    any idea when it gets fixed? Early August is a while ago...

• Still using Edge 830 and Forerunner 945, the data is still not yet merged for all Training Load data (7 days for example)

I think, if Garmin acknowledges a bug, its marketing speak of "we dont care about it".

• Hi,

I too feel that Garmin should have sorted this out by now. This feels especially true as I now have a second issue which they are apparently investigating. Since version 5.0, wifi consistently fails to sync some data. I have to physically connect the 830 to add the missing data to Garmin Connect, and from there to my Forerunner. It took a month before Garmin even acknowledged the second issue.

I now have two "ongoing investigations", and I should be "patient", and I will be "notified by email when a fix is found". I think 5 months is quite a long time to be patient.

I do like the 830 overall, but I doubt I will ever buy another Garmin device so soon after release.

• Ok, this topic is almost a year old, but ...  I have an Edge 830 and a Forerunner 935.

And Yes, both are running the latest FW version.

And yes, both are connected to my same account. 

EDGE 830 - Version 5.10

Forerunner 935 - Version 19.10

Garmin Connect App (iOS) - Version 4.30.1.1

Of course on both devices TrueUp is turned on, and after syncing activities from one device appears on the other device. So far so good ... but training load is totally OFF.

In Garmin Connect each device showing it's own numbers. When I ride, on the Forerunner training load goes down, and on the Edge it goes up. And I've been using both devices more than a month now together, so there should be enough data by now.

Long story short: 2020-05-20 TrueUp feature ( again, yes, it's turned on on both devices ) doesn't work.

• I have had a support ticket at Garmin in almost a year with this issue :-| They still say that a fix is un it way, and I have to be patient. 

Something that might help is to sync both devices with Connect  before starting a training session.