This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity minutes - Edge + watch

Hi all! 

I'm new owner of Edge 830. Before that, I've used my FR935 for bike activities, and every ride increased my Intensity Minutes. Now I'm riding with Edge, without FR935 on my hand. In both cases I always use HR strap. Edge do not increase my Intensity Minutes. What's more - day HR timeline don't shows graph for bike activity. Of course in concrete ride I can see HR graph. On both devices I have Physio TrueUp set on.  Do you have similar behaviour or it's something wrong with my setup? Garmin can't help me... Disappointed

ps. e.g. recovery time from Edge, activity is visible on my FR935.

• Agree with this.

Watches are not meant to be weared while mountain biking - flash news: it's bumpy and therefore uncomfortable to wear something on your hand while riding.

So Garmin please reconsider this approach.

• Today i did a 1:10 minutes workout with Edge 530, during it i paired my hr strap with Forerunner 255 on my hand, but without starting an activity it just turn back to measure pulse form my wrist by the watch after a few minutes. I went into hr menu, but it does the same. And my watch doesnt measure higher hr value than 120 minutes, it useless to use during any workout. 

I know that Garmin sells features with different devices, but it is ridiculous. No i wont track with the devices at the same time. Garmin Connect should measure intensity minutes if we have Garmin watch , Edge and Garmin hr strap.

After thinking this through Garmin solution to this: by the most expensive watch Joy

• I use an Edge 830 and Forerunner 745. The 745 will not record HR without starting an activity. When I head out for a ride I start treadmill on the watch. When I'm done I stop the watch and discard the activity. HR is properly recorded and matches the bike ride HR. No blank spot in the days HR info. 

• It doesn’t work even if you have the most expensive watch and bike computer. 

• This thread is about intensity minutes not HR. Intensity minutes don’t count when done on a separate device. Because it is calculated on the device not in the cloud or in the app. 

Even if your solution did work, the idea that you have to carry two devices to make it work is ridiculous. 

• I do not disagree that it is rediculous. It's just the best I can do with what is available now. We could talk about grade delay it you want truly rediculous. 

• I think i figured out something: i wore the watch on my last outside ride and it counted intensity minutes because of Move IQ. So the watch dont know if you on the trainer and you do a workout. But the strange is that if sense that you riding outside it can measure HR better, about 150 max (with strap it was 175 at least), but if it thinks you just sit on trainer it measure only 90.