This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity minutes - Edge + watch

Hi all! 

I'm new owner of Edge 830. Before that, I've used my FR935 for bike activities, and every ride increased my Intensity Minutes. Now I'm riding with Edge, without FR935 on my hand. In both cases I always use HR strap. Edge do not increase my Intensity Minutes. What's more - day HR timeline don't shows graph for bike activity. Of course in concrete ride I can see HR graph. On both devices I have Physio TrueUp set on.  Do you have similar behaviour or it's something wrong with my setup? Garmin can't help me... Disappointed

ps. e.g. recovery time from Edge, activity is visible on my FR935.

• So now all is clear. Even if you not recording your ride on your Fenix, Fenix HR sensor is recording your heart rate. Because you exercise, your HR is higher, Fenix records it and interpret it as IM. Try to leave your Fenix home, go ride and you will not see IM in GarminConnect. 

This is what we talking about. You need watch on your hand to get IM, even if you record HR by Edge. It's weak, but it's Garmin.

• That's what we all have. Resesting activity with the Edge, and wearing a Fenix. 

There's an IM added in there. You don't have to log activity with the watch for this to happen. 

• Not so sure... What about indoor trainings. On indoor trainings I also have the watch on my wrist, and of course it records my heart rate... In this case why I don't have IM on Edge?
    As I mentioned before, I have IM on Edge only if the GPS is on...

• Maybe your ride intensity is too low when you ride indoors? ;)  Go outside and unleash your power :D

• Cool! That's a good one! :))))

Unfortunately (or fortunately...) my indoor rides are shorter but more intense compared to the outside rides that are longer and not so hard. :))

But your advice will be follow! :D

• Keep in mind, that IM are recorded only if your training is longer than 20 minutes. So if you ride indoors in less time you will not earn IM.

No GPS is required. Only time and intesity ;) 

• Yes, I know... My indoor training sessions are at least 45 mins. and intense like hell. :))

• It is a bit complicated. Actually you can earn IT leaving your Fenix/Forerunner at home and recording just with an Edge 530/830.

“Can I Get Intensity Minutes From a Chest Heart Rate Monitor?

If you have a Garmin HRM-Pro which is also paired to the Garmin Connect app on your phone you will get Intensity Minutes for activities which would otherwise not earn Intensity Minutes.

For example, if you record your ride with an Edge cycling computer while wearing an HRM-Pro, if the HRM-Pro is also paired to the Garmin Connect app on your phone you will get Intensity Minutes after syncing the strap and app. Only the HRM-Pro is capable of this feature.”

• Very interesting and useful info! Thanks for sharing it with us!

• This info is briliant. Thanks very much