This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VO2 max not updating on Garmin Connect, and physio true up poor with two devices.

I like many things about my Edge 830, eg following a planned route and the astonishing battery life, but I have found several frustrating issues.

In the 10 days of use my 830 has measured the VO2 max several times yet none of the results have appeared on Garmin Connect. Also, the synchronization between my Forerunner and 830 is really poor. After 7 days the training load on one is over 800, and on the other it is just over 600 so the load is either too high and I should rest, or optimal. At times one device says I am unproductive, whilst the other says I am productive. Several times the Garmin Connect site did not agree with the devices so I have seen three different evaluations of my efforts. I hope the sync issues get sorted soon, along with the on-device route planning which gives worse results than my old 810.

• again 3 times a vo2max change on edge, but only one times the changed vo2max synced to Garmin Eco System, it looks like it is only synced one time a week or so!

• Same problem with my Forerunner 935.  Somehow my V02 max ended up in the upper 30’s which is just wrong.  My watch tells me during my runs that I keep improving, should be in the mid to upper 40’s.  Nothing translates to the app.  Also, my watch tells me I’m being productive and syncs stats but doesn’t improve my V02.  

• Been going well for a while but today completed a FTP test and seen my VO2 stat had improved on my Garmin. Everything uploaded to GC except VO2 from what I can see. Sad really

• With my Edge 830 VO2max is not uploaded when I synchronize my Garmin via WiFi after the tour. It works well when uploading with my smartphone Garmin App using Bluetooth. Why is that?

• Did you upload via WiFi or via Connect App/Bluetooth/Smartphone?

I experienced that when uploading via a WiFi network the VO2 max does not make it into the GarminConnect. It works well when uploading via the App.

I discussed with Garmin hotline, they had no clue and asked for a huge amount of information and data from my Edge 830 which I provided a week ago. They promised to analyse and forward to their developers hence they can consider the issue with their next firmware update.

Please come back once you see the issue sorted on your GC.

• Hi,

Your comments concerning Garmin support are interesting as they contradict what I have been told by Garmin. A couple of months ago they claimed the most recent update had fixed the issue for everyone except me.

Last week I had another email saying their engineers could not replicate the issue with VO2 max transfer via wifi and they have offered me a refurbished replacement device. I was thinking of going for this as I don't expect a fix for my current device as it has never worked since I bought it June 2019. I really wish I had just taken it back to the shop rather than believing promises of fixes which have never materialised.

• I don't think this is a hardware issue. With my 830 (and formerly with my 820) this bug occured here and then and after a firmware ipdate it disappeared, returning then some updates later. I really assume there is a bug that Garmin has not identified yet.

I am very comfortable with my 830, I will not return it for replacement as I am concerned to get a device with some other faults, you never know with Garmin. I just upload via Bluetooth App and wait for the next update, maybe WiFi then will work again. Remember everything is fine including the regular up- and download except VO2max. Hence it is just impossible that this is caused by a hardware issue.

• I am still having issues with VO2 not updating has this still not been fixed?

• In my case is fixed, are you syncing more times after the activity? Are you speaking about activity done by the Edge or the Fenix? 

• try the following steps:

- Check whether your Edge has the correct time, often the time is not synchronized, go outside, activate GPS and let the time synchronize, only a minute of time difference could be a problem.

- Deactivate or better delete WiFi connection on your Edge, really (it sounds stupid), make a few rides and see whether your vo2max is transmitted correctly with Bluetooth, only works for new trips, not historically

- if it works like this, set up WiFi only via your Edge, be careful that Garmin Express doesn't change it, I think Garmin Express causes these problems as soon as it changes something in your WiFi connection