This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VO2 max not updating on Garmin Connect, and physio true up poor with two devices.

I like many things about my Edge 830, eg following a planned route and the astonishing battery life, but I have found several frustrating issues.

In the 10 days of use my 830 has measured the VO2 max several times yet none of the results have appeared on Garmin Connect. Also, the synchronization between my Forerunner and 830 is really poor. After 7 days the training load on one is over 800, and on the other it is just over 600 so the load is either too high and I should rest, or optimal. At times one device says I am unproductive, whilst the other says I am productive. Several times the Garmin Connect site did not agree with the devices so I have seen three different evaluations of my efforts. I hope the sync issues get sorted soon, along with the on-device route planning which gives worse results than my old 810.

• I do have a power meter. 

• I'm seeing the same issue with the syncing of my 830 and Forerunner 945. The training load reported by Garmin Connect (mobile) is discrete to both devices and not a unified few that COMBINES the individual device measurements. This means the training load and training status is essentially worthless because it doesn't reflect the total training volume.

Anyhow, Garmin, please get this bug fixed soon. It's frustrating and renders your products less valuable. If my 830 doesn't speak to my 945 through Garmin Connect/Pysio True Up, then I might as well use any other bike computer, right? 

Since Garmin inquired about this in another person's response: I use a power meter on my bike.

• You nailed it arizonab.

830 (with power meter) + Fenix 5X Plus and the same problem exactly.

• Whats even sillier is that I have recently used both an Edge 530 and a 830; my Connect  account shows two seperate Training Status, one for each device. Presently I am Overreaching on one. whilst the other is urging me to do more high intensity activities because I am presently unproductive. A product of one device being used for easy club runs and the other being used for CX practise!

If Garmin can't get True Up to work between two devices that are basically exactly the same then what can you expect!!!

• Seriously???? Ours not still

• today vo2max change not synced, strange Training load values too, it sucks totally atm

• I've been in contact with Garmin again asking for status on this since they said there will be an update in the beginning of August. Nothing of value to report back I'm afraid. The only thing they said was that they didn't contact me because it is not yet fixed.
    They have added "Training Status Available from 2 devices in Connnect (mobile)". But how does that help. I don't want status from Two devices. I want them to merge that data into one status. 
    For you guys that have more than two devices, do you get "Status avaliable from three devices" then? Even worse... :)

• I have two devices, it would definitely be better to merge that data into one status.

• @vo2max not updating:

During a ride you have to ride minimum 20 minutes greater than 70% of your maximum heart rate with fairly constant power output, when i do low aerobic rides i don't get vo2max, but think it's clear, or?

• Since the update to version 5.00, the physio true up is still not the same between the two devices, and now there is another odd issue. When syncing via wifi some of the data does not transfer, but with Garmin Express it all transfers. Exercise load transfers via wifi, but VO2 max, 7-day training load, training focus, training status do not transfer. They transfer only via PC.

Garmin support seem to be going round in circles asking the same questions. They seem not to read my previous emails which are all listed in one conversation.