This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 830 Public Beta 3.33 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 830 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found here.

Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.33:

• Fixes connectivity issues that could have caused ANT+ or BLE sensors to lose connection and never reconnect.
  • Fixes an issue that caused Bluetooth communication to lock up, which could have affected phone connectivity and device power down.
  • Improved performance in GPS + GALILEO mode.

Feedback

• If you experience sensor or phone connectivity issues with this build, our engineering team would like to hear about your experience so they can work toward resolving any remaining issues. Please reply to this forum thread with the following information:
  1. What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using?
  2. How long into your ride did the issue occur?
  3. Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one?
  4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own?
  5. What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred?
    1. What sensors were connected over BLE?
  6. Did you have your phone connected?
    1. Is it Android or iOS?
    2. What version of GCM do you have?
    3. Were you using LiveTrack?
  7. Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible.
  8. If you have a Garmin/Debugging directory on your device, please create a zip file with its contents and upload that if possible.
  • Please note that you may not get a response to the post unless we need more information on the issue you report. Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Installation Instructions

Connect your Edge 830 device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.

Download and unzip Edge830_333Beta.zip.

Updating to Public Beta Software

To update device software, place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.

To update GPS firmware, place the RemoteSW\006B310700.GCD file in the \Garmin\RemoteSW folder of your device’s internal storage drive.

Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.

Reverting to the Latest Public Release

If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-320.GCD file in the \Garmin folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. 

To revert your GPS firmware, place the RemoteSW\006B310700-230.GCD file in the \Garmin\RemoteSW folder. Rename the file to 006B310700.GCD.

NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all your settings will be reset to defaults.

• I corrected my stupid mistake and now my 830 is updated to 3.33.

• Will this firmware update also fix ANT+ sensor dropouts (while still reconnecting after a few seconds).

I have already put my 830 unit back in it's box and was going to deliver it to the shop for a refund this week, but if this update claims to fix it then I want to give it a shot.

• so today after 20 minutes all sensors were dropped, had to pull over and hold the power button down to restart, it was frozen once again. Then one hour later lost all sensors again but reconnected after 10-15 seconds. I really hope this gets fixed soon. 

• Beta firmware in GPS+Galileo Mode works fine so far from within Germany. Positions mapped to the correct sides on the roads when not auto aligned to it.

• unfortunately no, still having dropouts.

• This is ridiculous.  Dont they debug these firmwares properly before posting?  I have (had) almost 100 courses all custom created.  I cant afford to lose them.  I copied them from my previous device before disposing it and I dont have a copy anywhere else.  

• Yesterday I updated my Garmin with the Beta version. This went without problems. Today I made a trip of 42 km through the forest with the MTB. The connection with the telephone remained good. Received Whatsapp messages and could also respond via the Garmin.
    My cadence sensor and speed sensor have also not disconnected.
    This was done once with the first ride with the previous version.
    Have not used Galileo yet.

• No issues with sensor dropouts (had a Fevero Assioma power meter and a Garmin HRM-Run connected to the Edge 830); no Galileo positioning issues either;

my phone disconnected once but reconnect a few moments later 

• Really ridiculous:

you installed BETA software on a device which contains data you can’t afford to loose and of which you don’t have a backup?

why didn’t you do a backup when you copied it?

• Did a 3:41h ride yesterday, no issues with the sensors disconnecting (although I did reconnect my Assioma as Ant+ prior to the ride). Sadly I forgot to use Galileo to test that one out as well.

I'm also really shocked by the battery consumption, for almost 4 hours of riding, with spd/hr/power sensors, following a course, it only used 12% of battery. Coming from a 520 this is pretty crazy.