This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 830 Public Beta 3.33 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 830 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found here.

Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.33:

• Fixes connectivity issues that could have caused ANT+ or BLE sensors to lose connection and never reconnect.
  • Fixes an issue that caused Bluetooth communication to lock up, which could have affected phone connectivity and device power down.
  • Improved performance in GPS + GALILEO mode.

Feedback

• If you experience sensor or phone connectivity issues with this build, our engineering team would like to hear about your experience so they can work toward resolving any remaining issues. Please reply to this forum thread with the following information:
  1. What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using?
  2. How long into your ride did the issue occur?
  3. Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one?
  4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own?
  5. What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred?
    1. What sensors were connected over BLE?
  6. Did you have your phone connected?
    1. Is it Android or iOS?
    2. What version of GCM do you have?
    3. Were you using LiveTrack?
  7. Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible.
  8. If you have a Garmin/Debugging directory on your device, please create a zip file with its contents and upload that if possible.
  • Please note that you may not get a response to the post unless we need more information on the issue you report. Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Installation Instructions

Connect your Edge 830 device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.

Download and unzip Edge830_333Beta.zip.

Updating to Public Beta Software

To update device software, place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.

To update GPS firmware, place the RemoteSW\006B310700.GCD file in the \Garmin\RemoteSW folder of your device’s internal storage drive.

Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.

Reverting to the Latest Public Release

If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-320.GCD file in the \Garmin folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. 

To revert your GPS firmware, place the RemoteSW\006B310700-230.GCD file in the \Garmin\RemoteSW folder. Rename the file to 006B310700.GCD.

NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all your settings will be reset to defaults.

• I don't find a solution to let the weather widget show any other location than that of the first start of the edge.
    I bought mine in a bike shop and set it up in the train back home.

Im using Connect on iOS, location services are enabled and allowed.

In Connect, I tried to disable and reenable the weather service. I did the same with the weather widget. No matter what I do, it is always showing the location where I first "used" the edge.

This bug started on public release and still persists in beta.   

• Is the data updating, but the location of the station is not changing?

Garmin uses the nearest weather station to your location from the service they use. Depending on where you are there may not be another station that is closer when you are riding.

Where are riding?

• No the 830 , hat to reset it, but it keeps happening.  

• Hi!

i took the edge with me to work at the fire department today. It seems that living almost 30km from the first weather station wasn’t enough, it updated to the next one today. Seems that both are airports. 

• Hold the power button for 30 seconds that should force the unit off.

Then connect it to your computer and see if there is anything in the Garmin\NewFiles folder (if there is delete it). Look for an err_log.txt file n the Garmin\Debugging folder. If there is one could you post it?

• No the force to mass storage didnt work.  Im too scared to try the non-prompted non-vol clear.  I cannot lose all my courses especially.  I dont have them saved anywhere else now after I copied them from my old device.  Also I wouldnt want to lose my activiities either.  

• I just tried the procedure to update the firmware (downloaded the firmware file this morning). After placing the RemoteSW\006B310700.GCD file in the \Garmin\RemoteSW folder, I disconnected the 830 from the computer : without prompting me, the 830 updated the GPS firmware and then nothing else happened. I checked the "copyright" information and it indeed shows that the GPS is now at version 2.42 but the firmware is still at 3.20. I checked the RemoteSW and the 006B310700.GCD file is still in there. When I now try to connect/disconnect 830 form the PC, nothing happens, the 830 just boot normally and I am not prompted for an update. 

Not really a problem as such, the 830 looks functional and I can test GPS+Galileo but I cannot test the new 3.33 firmware !

See pictures below. 

• Did you place the GUPDATE.gcd file in the \Garmin folder?

If you did, look in the Settings/info for the Software-Update.

• Your are right... I missed that ! My bad... 

• I'm not sure you have many other options. I would suggest calling Garmin Support and see what they can suggest.