A new Beta software for the Edge 830 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found here.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.33:
- Fixes connectivity issues that could have caused ANT+ or BLE sensors to lose connection and never reconnect.
- Fixes an issue that caused Bluetooth communication to lock up, which could have affected phone connectivity and device power down.
- Improved performance in GPS + GALILEO mode.
- If you experience sensor or phone connectivity issues with this build, our engineering team would like to hear about your experience so they can work toward resolving any remaining issues. Please reply to this forum thread with the following information:
- What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using?
- How long into your ride did the issue occur?
- Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one?
- Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own?
- What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred?
- What sensors were connected over BLE?
- Did you have your phone connected?
- Is it Android or iOS?
- What version of GCM do you have?
- Were you using LiveTrack?
- Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible.
- If you have a Garmin/Debugging directory on your device, please create a zip file with its contents and upload that if possible.
- Please note that you may not get a response to the post unless we need more information on the issue you report. Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Connect your Edge 830 device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
Download and unzip Edge830_333Beta.zip.
Updating to Public Beta Software
To update device software, place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
To update GPS firmware, place the RemoteSW\006B310700.GCD file in the \Garmin\RemoteSW folder of your device’s internal storage drive.
Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.
Reverting to the Latest Public Release
If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-320.GCD file in the \Garmin folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device.
To revert your GPS firmware, place the RemoteSW\006B310700-230.GCD file in the \Garmin\RemoteSW folder. Rename the file to 006B310700.GCD.
NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all your settings will be reset to defaults.