This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I can not synchronize Garmin Edge 830 with Shimano E8000

Since yesterday I have the Garmi edge 830 pack although I have not yet been able to go out and try it if I could try to synchronize with my ebike with Shimano E8000 and the only information I could read on the Garmin is the% of the battery of the ebike.
My idea was to have all the information in the garmin as on the screen that brings the ebike and thus remove the screen and only leave the Garmin.
It is necessary to buy Shimano EW-EN100? To be able to have all information such as cadence, help mode, help level, etc ...

• I think that you are wrong the only screen of Shimano that has ANT + private today is the E8000 as long as an update does not come out and they open it. That's why the E8000 is the only screen that does not allow you to communicate with the e-tube ride app.

• see e7000 specifications here, it says ANT private. That's why most of the information from system can be seen only on that special STePS screen on Edge.

Are you sure you've paired the bike using ANT and not bluetooth?

EDIT: I've just checked my setup and in Sensors Details menu, I see bike connected using ANT Private. I can also check other eBike details there (Odometer, version, etc) - do you see that on yours?

• I have tried every way to connect the Garmin to E8000 and I can't get anything to even come up on the Garmin.

I have even been down to my local bike shop and tried on brand new bike and nothing.

I'm lost and Garmin don't want to help.

• The only sensor that gets my 830 from my e-bike is Di2 no other. I'm in another forum and have the same problem everyone who has the E8000 screen

• The Shimano SC-E8000 display does not transmit the wireless STEPS profile necessary for all of the eBike information; it only transmits an older version of the Di2 profile. As Petucky says, you need to purchase the EW-EN100 upgrade from Shimano. That's also the case if you want to use Shimano's own eTube Ride smartphone app.

• I have bought EW-EN 100 and now if I can see all the information in my garmin

• Trapera, how did you go with the EW-EN100? Did it fix the problem?

• If now that I have mounted EW-EN 100 it gives all the information. I am happy.

• Hi! Can you use the garmin and the e8000 screen together?

• ah, cool! Good to know, because I didn't manage to get all the info from the E8000 on my Edge 530 either. (Although I can configure the E8000 with the E-TUBE app on my iPhone.... so there is a working blutooth connection)

But does the Edge 530 log this E-Bike info (like assist mode, or cadence, for which I currently use the Garmin ANT+ sensor) to the training as well or does Edge only show the details on the selected pages?