This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Duotrap sensor keeps connecting

Running version 8.20, I have duotrap sensor and never a problem with.

Since 2 weeks the sensor drops, keeps connecting and disconnecting. (before it workst with this firmware)

-Battery change, does not work,

-removed the sensor and reconnect, does not work

-Hard reset device, does not work

Anyone a clue?

Kr

/e

• Known issues with Edge 530 - its dropping the connection.

Buy a Wahoo or wait like the rest of us for Garmin to resolve the issue (probably in new hardware).

Feel free to provide feedback through the testing channel (check the release notes for 8.20).

• Hi, 

I have the same problem.

Did what you tried and still keeps disconnecting/connecting

• I'm also finding the same issue - even bought a new DuoTrap S, still doing the same thing. Tried hard reset, etc.

I'll add to the testing channel, in the meantime, planning to roll back to earlier software version... 7.10 available here:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-530/253672/new-edge-530-version-7-10-now-available

I'll post here if it works!

• The only way I got my 2 Duotraps to work was to add them to Sensors under settings as Speed / Cadence device. If I added them as Duotraps, I had problems with them disconnecting or just not working.

• Do you mean, you add the sensor twice? first for the speed and again for the cadence?

• keep us updated plse!

• So, I tried installing the old v.7.10 software, rolling my Edge 530 back to that version... didn't help sadly, despite others on this forum saying it worked for them. Also tried v. 8.10 and v.8.13, but still got the constant connection problem. Even with connecting as ANT+ (speed/cadence option someone mentioned on this thread)

It does seem to work for others, so maybe I'm just unlucky, but I have two DuoTrap S sensors I'm trying with, one brand new, so I know it's not a sensor problem...

Looks like I'm just going to have to live without the sensor for a while until an update comes through that genuinely fixes the problem.

Garmin team, please give this some attention, it's clearly not an isolated issue, and it all worked perfectly with the same setup for 2 years until about a month or so ago, I presume when I upgraded to v.8 software.

• When you search for Sensors, their is an option to search for "All" which I initially did and it found one of my Duotaps under that name which I then added to my Sensors list. 

But it did not work. I also noticed that somehow, I had saved my 2nd Duotap on another bike as a "Speed/Cadence device and it worked.

I also noticed that in the sensors list, my Speed/ Cadence device had icons of a speedometer and pedals next to it, but the Duotap entry only had one icon next to it, but I cannot recall which one, it was either the speedometer or the pedals. That gave me a feeling something was amiss as to why my Duotap was not working.

I removed the Duotap from the Sensors and then searched for it by not selecting "All" but just selected "Speed/Cadence" devices to search for.

And it found my 1st Duotap but this time added it to the list as a "Speed/Cadence sensor. And it now works perfect and no dropouts etc

• See thread here

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-530/266407/edge-530-sensor-dropouts-since-installing-8-0-firmware#pifragment-447=7

Know issue since latest firmware, so not hardware. It's such a core feature, in my opinion, that they should just scrap the current FW and go back 1 version

MB

• Thanks MB, yes I read through your long thread once I started to investigate properly - it was really helpful. 

Sadly for me even rolling back to FW 7.xx hasn't solved the issue. Such a shame, have loved my Garmin / Duotrap S setup, it's been so reliable until now.

Fingers crossed for a FW fix in the next few months.