This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 sensor dropouts since installing 8.0 firmware

After installing the new 8.0 software/firmware on my Edge 530, I'm getting repeated sensor loss and then Found messages (about every 5-15 second) while on a ride.

It's only the connection to my SRAM eTap that's having this issue and it wasn't occurring with the 7.10 version.

There's no battery warning from the eTap and they (front and rear derailleur) are shifting just fine.

Other ANT+ devices are all Garmin and no dropouts seems to be occurring for any of them: Remote, HR, Vector Power Meter Pedals.

I'm going to try removing the device and rediscover it as well as fully charge the eTap batteries to see if that makes a difference.

Anyone experience anything similar with the new 8.0 version?

• Count me in!

I have 5 bikes, all with speed, cadence, and one with a Stages power meter that are all linked to my Edge 530 and they have all worked fine with previous firmware versions. Since updating the firmware to the latest few versions, I've had various sensor dropouts on each bike. Sometimes it happens once, other times it was non-stop notifications of the sensor dropping out, then found for the entire ride. I'm hoping if enough people post that they are having the same issue, Garmin will take notice and actually fix it. 

• Please take the time if you can to report it to garmin support and not just post here. I’ve seen many posts in the past that suggest comments here aren’t necessarily reviewed by Garmin

• I have updated to 8.20 and it keeps dropping frequently !!!

• All I know is when my 530 goes to jesus I will never buy another garmin. Their equipment is worthless. If it's not the speed sensor it's the heart rate monitor and forget about using the back to start feature. And the iphone link that is supposed to show calls and texts only works some of the time as well as the ride tracking. #garminsucks

• Had firmware 7.10 for a long time and had no problems. Updated to 8.20 and lost contact with my RTL516 several times during two rounds. Have reinstalled version 7.10 and the issues disappeared.

• I have the same problem with Giant Ridesense and Giant power meter

• Others can see my posts on downgrading to 7.1.  Works perfectly. Not sure why they can't resolve this. 

• Have you guys tried to turn off/turn on your device? Not just putting it in standby by pressing the power button once or letting it sit until it goes to standby itself. I mean holding the power button until it let's you choose to power off.

I had no reconnects after doing so.

• yes, the random reconnects still exist. it didnt happen everyday but almost, i usually have 1 per ride (or 1 per 2 rides), if the rides are very short, then probably the issue doesnt happen, but i ride 3hs everyday so there are enough time to receive such an annoying disconnect/reconnect message :) 

• I turn my device off (not standby) after every ride and it still has sensor disconnects on a regular basis.