This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 sensor dropouts since installing 8.0 firmware

After installing the new 8.0 software/firmware on my Edge 530, I'm getting repeated sensor loss and then Found messages (about every 5-15 second) while on a ride.

It's only the connection to my SRAM eTap that's having this issue and it wasn't occurring with the 7.10 version.

There's no battery warning from the eTap and they (front and rear derailleur) are shifting just fine.

Other ANT+ devices are all Garmin and no dropouts seems to be occurring for any of them: Remote, HR, Vector Power Meter Pedals.

I'm going to try removing the device and rediscover it as well as fully charge the eTap batteries to see if that makes a difference.

Anyone experience anything similar with the new 8.0 version?

• Yeah this is what the local support team said more or less. If it did not resolve the issue, then to get back on to them Thumbsup

• Both of my garmins are from may 2020, never had a problem since v8. It had no issues before. I don't think build date has anything to do with this. 

• Scroll up. Going back to 7.1 resolves all the dropout and Bluetooth issues. This is true for all the 30 series devices except for the original 1030 which uses a different firmware base. Garmin knows they broke this and they will likely eventually resolve it. In meantime 7.1 works as you would expect. 

• Is anyone testing a new beta that fixes this issue? A few weeks have gone by and there doesn't seem to be a fix. It is such a core function that i would have expected it to be top priority.

MB

• I cannot speak to what may be included in the next beta for users to test, but I can assure you that this has been given a high priority. We understand the frustration this is causing and are working to find a solution as quickly as we can. 

• Thanks Former Member that’s great to read. 
    MB

• Former MemberThis happens one or more times on every ride. Do you want my device logs, or do you have enough to go on for now?

• Any news on this please? The current FW was released around 3m ago and im being affected by the drop outs on every single ride.

I see that posts tagging "Garmin-Blake" have been updated to "Former Member". I assume this means Blake left Garmin. Is there anyone else monitoring this thread from Garmin that can provide some news?

From reading other garmin forums, It looks like the 830 and 1030+ units are also affected, so i hope that it is top priority. I really can't imagine any other feature improvement or bug fix that could be more important than resolving this basic function.

MB

• Too bad about "former member" - we could usually count on him to chime in here, at least occasionally.

As for getting this problem fixed, I suspect the best course of action is to call Garmin support rather than relying on this community forum.

• Agreed. I've been in touch with CS and have instructions for diagnostics / file extract for my next ride. Hopefully they havent been waiting for my specific file before addressing this issue!

MB