This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 Training Status reset after update 8.0

Edge 530 auto updated today while connected to Garmin Express via USB. Update went smooth, went on a ride to check it out. powered Edge 530 off then on again before ride and synced it. it said GPS Ready and my sensors connected fine. Post ride I synced again with phone and USB then looked at my ride stats. For some reason my training status on the edge 530 has reset. there is no training status and is informing me I must go on a couple rides to get status. It was fine prior to the update, my status was current  as I am riding several times a week. It's rather irritating to have the status reset like this there should be a notice in the release notes etc about this so we aren't surprised.

• Same happened to me, comes up as no status and that I need to do a couple of rides during the week for it to show, problem is I have done 3 rides and these have disappeared.

• I had a similar issue. Garmin connect is showing 0 for my "intensity minutes" even after a pretty intensive ride and my HR data has become very sporadic after the update. My Garming Fenix 6x during a ride was showing 140BPM, and then my G530 was showing 123.

• Went on another ride today, the 2nd ride since my Edge 530 auto upgraded to v8.00 and still no Training Status. It says Training Status Unavailable and explains I'll have to do a couple rides to get data. Unfortunately I've already gone on 2 rides. I'm hoping the Training Status isn't bugged on v8.00 I may have to explore my downgrade options as the previous version was working great.

• Well I have gone on a total of 8 rides now since the V8.00 update and my Training status is still saying No Status. All the Power and Heart Rate data is showing up and is correct. Just noticed now my V02 max has also dropped from 49 to 41 within one day. Theres defintely some sort of bug in the update. Everything was working perfectly previously.

• Is there a way to downgrade to previous version? Same process as manual upgrade just drop files into Garmin folder on device?  

• I've lost Training Status on my 530 ...

BTW what's the point of TrueUP (or other amazing technology synchronising stuff between devices???)

on Connect Web when I choose Fenix6, I can still see Training Status, taking into account my rides from Edge530...

Why Fenix6 shows proper Training Status? but not Edge ?

AND WHY THE HELL I need to choose between 2 devices on a a web page ????

• cc  … Just wondering if you are aware of this issue?

• Still an issue on 8.10

• Yep. Mobile app says not enough VO2-max-data to show progress. Web version shows dive at time of upgrade

About constant load (more intense today)