This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 Training Status reset after update 8.0

Edge 530 auto updated today while connected to Garmin Express via USB. Update went smooth, went on a ride to check it out. powered Edge 530 off then on again before ride and synced it. it said GPS Ready and my sensors connected fine. Post ride I synced again with phone and USB then looked at my ride stats. For some reason my training status on the edge 530 has reset. there is no training status and is informing me I must go on a couple rides to get status. It was fine prior to the update, my status was current  as I am riding several times a week. It's rather irritating to have the status reset like this there should be a notice in the release notes etc about this so we aren't surprised.

• magic.... 

all my activities from last week recorded with Edge, one graph is from Edge, one from Fenix6pro (from web) - guess which one is which ...

WHY THE HELL THEY ARE DIFFERENT ???? (and why Fenix6 plot is higher, where all my activities were recorded with 530 ???? )

• Went on another ride today, 3rd since the 8.00 update. Still no Training Status "My Stats" on device shows "unavailable" and mobile device training status for Edge 530 says I need to go on a couple rides to get status. Its been 3 rides for me so far. Device also recieved the v8.10 update this afternoon however from the comments in this thread 8.10 has the BROKEN TRAINING STATUS as well. So they fixed the Trailforks error message but not the BROKEN TRAINING STATUS.

• And I'm afraid that if the data is calculated on the device and not included in the FIT-file, there is no re-calculating of the old rides even after a fix.

• Same here - 8 MTB rides in the last 3 weeks, and no training status is showing. This needs to be fixed quickly.

• Finally my training status and VO2 max status has returned, it took 10 rides over a week but now the connect app is back to working properly, the VO2 max has dropped a lot from a week ago so looks like I will have to build that again from scratch.

• I start to think that all these 'stats' from Garmin is just a gimmick... Garmin reports that my vo2max dropped, now it's 58-69, but it was 62, 3 months ago, but my best climb times are happening now. (or power meter works bad)

• Went on my 4th ride since updating to v8.00 yesterday June 4. Checked "My Stats" after the ride and Training Status is working! Also checked mobile app and see Training Status there as well. I'm glad is working, not sure if it just needed some rides to get enough data or what. I still would have appreciated it if Garmin had mentioned this would happen in the notes for the update so I'd not be alarmed! Rage

• My 530 crashes and reboots every time I start an activity since v8.0 update. Classic Garmin :- great hardware, terrible software.