This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When Garmin will release the next version of the Edge 530 (maybe 540 or 530+)

Somebody knows when Garmin will release the next version of the device Edge 530 (I guess Edge 540 or 530 Plus)?

Will it be this year 2021. There is some rumors in forums talking about April 2021. Is it true?

What will be the new features of this device?

Thank you in advance!

• I do not see any ;web sites showing discounts. Am I missing something? I am using a edge 510. Still works great, but would like something newer, but like others do not want to spend $$$ until new unit is released.

• Just wondering, does any of you know if when Garmin releases a new device, bundles are also available at the same time (e.g. the MTB pack) ? Or do they come after a while ? 

(Just asking if its worth waiting ... if bundles come later on, maybe not, I need to buy one, I can wait a bit but if that's for after the summer I'd rather go now with the 530. 

530 is +/- out of stock (especially the MTB bundle) here in Europe but can still be found apparently. 

I presume the 530 will largely fits my needs but give discounts are not that large as of today, I can afford waiting a bit to get the new version. 

Not sure the new version will be a huge improvement, maybe it has some "yougness" bugs but at least it will receive support (and potentially new features) for a longer while. 

(NB I got a FR245 shortly after it was released, I never had to complain about buggy early features or so, and for those who experienced if I presume it was at time of release at least as good as its predecessor - most issues I had with were with late releases and it improved). 

• I'd say it will be soon as they're offering $50 off this month (July 2021). Need to clear out the 530 inventory. 

• Hi, any news about Edge 530plus/540 release?  Thanks 

• Please someone give me some hope of a new garmin edge.  

• Having owned various garmins for 7 years until last year, i'd say you would have to e very brave / patient to buy a brand new model. 

• Please someone give me some hope of a new garmin edge.  

I have posted this before, maybe the most reliable info available outside the Garmin Marketing bunker, make your own conclusions but as meltonboy says be prepared for a long new device customer "beta"?

Edge   -   Released*
      500    -    12/2009
      800    -    08/2010
      510    -    01/2013
      810    -    01/2013
     1000   -    04/2014
       520    -   07/2015
       820    -   07/2016     
     1030    -   08/2017     
      520+   -   04/2018     
       530    -   04/2019     
       830    -   04/2019     
     1030+  -   06/2020     
        ??      -    ??/2022

*DC RainMaker In-Depth Reviews
    (some devices “announced” earlier)

• Looks as predictable as my cadence.  I was hoping to get newer hardware before my gravel worlds in late summer.  540, 840 or 1040 would be great.  I would be willing to struggle through the beta phase.  I would have 3-4 years until something better would come out.  With sram’s purchase of hammerhead I am interested in what they will have in a couple of years.  Thanks for the winding product road map.  

• Until last year… did you try something else?

• I would have been happy if the "Edge" I bought before I bought a "530" worked with no bugs in it. An "Edge 800" in 2010ish, vowed never to buy another Garmin device, relented thinking they must have improved by now in 11 years and find that they are just as bad. 

A new model, will be just as bad and nothing to celebrate when it's released that it will work properly. It will be just as bugged. 

And without doubt, I won't be buying it.