This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 Strava segments live not showing

Hi support,

I followed all the steps to get the Strava segments:

Enabled strava over Garmin segments

Created route from Strava website

Starred segments in Strava

Opened course through the IQC Strava

Still no segments. Tried to cycle without navigation, still nothing. 

• Live segments might have stopped working for me too with the latest firmware. It was sketchy before so I want to run a few additional tests before calling this a new bug, but it looks sketchy right now. 

• Arghh another bug... 

• Same here.  Live segments are really driving me crazy.  For 5 months now it seems like they've had a mind of their own and now nothing.  Re-starred. Removed and added back in.  Enabled.  Tried a route/course and without navigation.  No downhill segments.  Yada, yada, yada.   I just don't understand why this has to be so complicated.  Hours and hours wasted on this.....it's just driving me nuts! 

• I eventually connected the device to garmin express, it downloaded a ton of updates. 

Not it seems to work. Not sure why it could not do what it did just using the Wi-FI or if my action was totally unrelated to the fix. 

Argh, buggy Garmin! 

• I am having the same issues.  Only a few of the segments i starred on strava activated the live segments on my edge 530 during my rides recently

• 5.10 firmware they were working ok.  latest 5.50 firmware they rarely work - frustrating.

• Strava prevents the syncing of any segments that they consider to be down hill. For Strava that is any segment with an average grade of <= -0.2%.

Check the segments that are missing and see if that is the reason why they are not showing up.

• Update: wiped the device and started over.  What a mess!  Now different segments appear but still can't get them all to show up and can't get any private segments to appear.  There are no neg inclines, I've removed and re-starred in Strava with no difference.  They appear and are active on the device.  I've tried without a course and still no luck.  I think I'm done.....eBay for the 530 and change to Wahoo as from what I can tell in the forums this doesn't appear to be an issue. Ugh....so much wasted time on this

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to 5655395

Numerous updates and same problems kept occurring. Had numerous issues with multiple replacements. Went back to ELEMNT. Star a segment on Strava and always shows up on ELEMNT. Never had issues with ELEMNT/Strava. Don’t have to create course for segments to appear. NEVER. 
    530 would always freeze, forksight didn’t work, ridiculous I have to create Strava course for segments to show up. Total BS. 

• Final update: I purchase the Wahoo Roam.  Wow.  What a different experience.  I'm thrilled I made the switch but even more frustrated that I spent $500 on Garmin (unit & mounts, etc) and wasted countless hours/days trying to get it to work properly.  I'm techy and love gadgets but honestly, what a failure.  Within 45 min I had the Wahoo unit up & running with power meter, Garmin radar, polar HR monitor and Garmin speed sensor.  It was super easy and completely intuitive using the iphone app.  The settings made sense.  It just works the way it should in 2020.  I just can't even being to explain the different experience.  And then, when using it on the road - wow!  Such a better UI separate from the fact that I can now use segments correctly.  The display is great.  The LEDs are awesome.  I would have loved to stay with the Garmin ecosphere but after this, I'm out.