This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity Min not updated with Edge. COME ON!

So, I just learned that my Edge 530 does not add to my IM in Garmin Connect.  Seriously?  Come on Garmin!

I just got the Fenix 6s.  Man, love this watch.  But, there is no way I am wearing this while doing my rides.  Which, apparently is the ONLY way to get IM "credit" for anything.  This is a programming issue, and I saw some posts about this from 9 months ago.   

Garmin:  Yes, we LOVE your devices.  We spend TOP dollar on them vs. anything else.  The most important thing tho, is the ECO system.  Garmin Connect needs to be an accurate hub for all that we do.  I am not a runner, or pro tennis player, or cyclist...  I AM ALL OF THEM!  I saw Garmin responded in one thread saying:

"The Edge devices just dont support IM"

Some needed to say (am I will say it here)  THEN FIX IT!  FIX IT, FIX, IT!   Get a dev. on this now.  Its not rocket science.  Everything should be all synced and added together in Garmin connect across ALL devices.

As it stands, I need a note pad and paper to figure out my IM and thats silly with over $2K in hardware with all the sensors and accessories I have.

COME ON!

• I am dumbfounded that the Edge units does not support IM, it's just a number that is calculated from your active minutes, there's obviously no hardware limit that says this shouldn't be possible. I have conceded to recording my rides with both my Athlete and Edge 530 and have to discard the 530 activity when done as to not get duplicate entries.

• I have the same issue but I guess this is how it is - at least for now - with Edge 530. Trying to goole/read on the forums on this, what confounds me is that, apparently, people have managed to get IM to work with Edge 1030. Why, is beyond me.

I honestly don't understand the idea that the metrics are not compatible. Garmin specifically says that Physio Trueup packages intensity minutes from the device that can record it so I guess 530 can't. However, to me it seems jus a matter of HR measuring, so that's a definitely a metric that you you are able to compare without any issue. If it's not just based on HR, then I don't know what goes into calculating the IM.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=a2uguZzTQG4I2HTBvHa0gA

I also use the workaround of recording the activity also with my FR945 having it on my hand, and then discarding the activity, or just having the rigght activity app ready to start but never starting it.

• Same!!

I have a Fenix 6 that I wear all the time, except when doing bicycle, because I have my Edge 530!

I don't understand why Garmin can't merge two datasets from 2 different devices in Garmin Connect!

Intensity Minutes, Heart Rate, Breathing... that's kind of simple to implement! You are already doing it for calories!

Fenix 6 (or other smart watch) should be prioritized and when there is no data from it, but some from another device configured under the same profile, use that one, if it has metrics.

Please, Garmin, this is a basic UI feature!

• I totally agree.

Quite disppointed for this, since it seems an easy fix to do.

• I wonder why for you it is not working while for me it is...

I have my FR945 and the 530 and use the 530 for the MTB rides and gets IM benefit from each ride.

• @Oren Do you leave the FR945 at home when you do your ride? I don't see any IM if I only use the 530. Double checked it in GC web and in the app (Android). Training load is synched (although it sometimes take some time) between FR945 and 530, so I don't understand why they can't synch IM. I am on version 6.00 on the 530 and version 5.00 on the FR945.

• I wear it but not running any activity while doing it, the activity is only measured on the Edge.

On the other hand, I do have issues of floors accumulated on the 945 since I climb on my bikes and the watch is not in activity mode...

• If you wear your FR945 it will record your HR and count your IM if the HR is above a certain level. The thread originally started with the question why it is so dfficult for Garmin to count IM if you are not wearing a watch (FR or Fenix) and only record the bike activity with the Edge. Floors climbed is the same: If you wear the FR945 it will count the floors (even dureing biking), with only the Edge no floors climed are measured.

• Let me start with the last note: when I'm recording my ride with my FR945, it will not count floors.

As for the IM, I was sure it will not count it unless I'm in an activity and hence didn't pay attention to the fact the watch is either on my hand or not.

Will try and check it out soon on my next ride.

• I used to use F6X +  HRM-Run strap to record my MTB rides which worked flawlessly, but since I had several crashes which were near miss for damaging my watch I decided to purchase cheaper dedicated Edge 530 cycling computer thinking I would get measured same parameters as with the watch, but NO, it does not count IM credit and it does not add HR to the Heart Rate Details screen in GC while recording activity with Edge+strap. This is a complete joke! I bought an Edge only that  I can leave my watch at home while riding, so disappointing! Garmin please fix this!