This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity Min not updated with Edge. COME ON!

So, I just learned that my Edge 530 does not add to my IM in Garmin Connect.  Seriously?  Come on Garmin!

I just got the Fenix 6s.  Man, love this watch.  But, there is no way I am wearing this while doing my rides.  Which, apparently is the ONLY way to get IM "credit" for anything.  This is a programming issue, and I saw some posts about this from 9 months ago.   

Garmin:  Yes, we LOVE your devices.  We spend TOP dollar on them vs. anything else.  The most important thing tho, is the ECO system.  Garmin Connect needs to be an accurate hub for all that we do.  I am not a runner, or pro tennis player, or cyclist...  I AM ALL OF THEM!  I saw Garmin responded in one thread saying:

"The Edge devices just dont support IM"

Some needed to say (am I will say it here)  THEN FIX IT!  FIX IT, FIX, IT!   Get a dev. on this now.  Its not rocket science.  Everything should be all synced and added together in Garmin connect across ALL devices.

As it stands, I need a note pad and paper to figure out my IM and thats silly with over $2K in hardware with all the sensors and accessories I have.

COME ON!

• hmmm

What Is the Garmin Connect Trueup Feature and How Does It Work?

Steps
    Calories
    Floors
    Intensity Minutes
    Step distance traveled

Understanding Physio TrueUp

VO2 max
    Recovery Time*
    Training Status
    Training Load
    Race Predictor
    Last Sport Widget1
    Last Run/Ride/Swim Widgets1
    Weekly and Monthly totals1

… denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun

• I never said it was something that was said to work.  I am saying they need to address this and add the DATA from EDGE bike computers to bring over IM.  Simple as that.  it already syncs with the same app..  so, the fact its not showing a 100mile bike ride in my IM stats is ridiculous.  If you think just because Garmin does not add the Edge on the list of compatible devices, and this makes it okay.. your wrong.  Its not okay.  They need to address this.

Period.

• Or just wear it while riding your bike.

• No you don't want to wear the watch and have the Edge unit running at the same time - then you get caught in the tangle of screen sharing/Edge and Fenix battling each other, which .fit file is then uploaded, etc, etc. 

I agree with OP. Connect should be taking into account the data from the different Garmin devices to get on overall picture. Connect is supposed to provide this overview - that is the underlying design principle. 

• No, this is not a good idea for many reasons.  Its also not the point. Any cyclist who is doing the type of riding I am doing.. is not going to be wearing a watch. lol.  This is what a premium bike computer is for.   Which.... needs to be supported with the watches / Garmin connect.   I just realized, I should have posted this in the Edge forum :-/

• Same problem with edge 520 they don't care for older devices. I have to wear my watch and use edge only for the larger screen . I only upload watch activity.

• I have moved this post to the Edge 530 forum

• I forgot to say that because it can't combine intensity minutes and all that metrics  I won't buy garmin edge 530  in order to replace my garmin 520. There is no reason to buy something that isn't working as it should. I will use one platform to keep all my activities so I can switch from garmin to something better easier.

• Yeah, I hear ya.   Problem is..  I dont know of any company that makes nice watches and bike computers :-(  Garmin kinda has us in their foot no matter what.

Its just so silly to me tho.  This should be a no brainier..  

• There are better products, it's just hard to move all your stats/activities to something else  but it can be done; it needs time. I wish garmin could solve some simple thing like that.