This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS accuracy: less accurante than 920xt?

Hi,

I did my first ride this morning with my new Edge 530.

I also used my Forerunner 920xt.

After, on Garmin Connect, I have checked both stats.

One thing that stood out. When I look at the map, my 920xt stayed more on the road and more in straight line.

My Edge 530 had more deviation and sometimes, it would show me that I crossed over the other side of the street...

I would have expected my Edge 530 to be at least as good as my 920xt.

Is it normal?

Can I do something to improve it?

I live in Montreal, Canada. I don't ride in streets with very tall building. Both devices have GPS+Glonass activated.

Thanks!

• Sorry, but OMG!

My 530 was on my stem.

Someone told to put it further away from me.

The diameter of my handlebar is very thin.

I saw a video on GNC channel, using old tube to put around handlebar.

I was able to use my garmin support.

After my ride first ride, I saw the difference.

My speed displayed is more constant, instead of dropping while I'm going, at the same speed...

And of course, after reviewg the  GPX file (map), it is almost always right on spot!

• I did two rides and both are excellent on course!

• Any photo what you'r talkin about...

Link to gcn video, please..

P.S. How can mount position make a gps sognal better? C'mon..

• Did you call Garmin ?  I have since been out again on a more wooded ride, on the road, but really back roads, and my gps is still crap under tree cover, I can see no way that you could navigate in woods with it, ok on open roads, but not great, not as good as my 5xplus, my advice for anybody that is getting this device for Christmas is don't leave it under the Christmas tree it will give it an even worse complex, leave it out in the open.  Same on some segments for me just does not pick them up, they are starred etc, just don't trigger. 

• Well, back again with horrible signal.

Search Youtube for GCN, you will find lots of good videos!