This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

v5.0 sensors disconnected

Yesterday I had my first long ride after updating my 530 to v5.0. Two main issues:

After 1h all my sensors were lost and after a few seconds all of them came back online.

A few moments after that, my cadence stuck at 60rpm.

Specialized Speed Zone (cadence + speed) + Wahoo HR TICKR.

• Same problem here. Often it seems to happen when the unit resumes from sleep, and then doesn't pick up one or more sensors. On my most recent ride it didn't pick up any sensors and I had to reboot the unit to pick them up again (disabling and re-enabling them isn't enough). Sometimes I lose one sensor and disable/re-enable the sensor works. All ANT+ sensors.

Problems with the ANT+ stack in 5.0?

• I have 2 devices connected to the edge 530.  One is a Stages Power Meter and other is Wahoo Tickr Heart Rate Monitor.  At the start of a ride both connect to the edge 530 and report the numbers.  However, the when I stop few minutes for a break, connection is lost and does not recover.  Disable/Enable from settings does not help.  Only way to reconnect is to save the ride and it then connects to the devices and I can start a new ride. Firmware is 5.0.0.0 and both devices connected via ANT+.
    Interestingly, in my other bike there is no power meter but a speed and cadence sensor from Bontrager connected via ANT+.  This problem does not happen and I use the same heart rate monitor.
  • also the same problem of disconnection of the sensors after a few minutes. Quick Garmin repaired this problem thank you we are several. I use for my part Power and heart

• And here we are again...

Suddenly I lost all my sensors and my phone connection. It took me a couple of sleep/turn on/off to get all of them back. But again, cadence got stuck at 58rpm. This is so ridiculous. Any Garmin folks can tell us what going on here? It's super anoying to be in a race with a cycling computer that sudenly will leave you without data...

• I have worked around the problem of sensor disconnects by setting auto sleep=off

• my HRM TRI disconnects from 530 and i cannot connect it again without replacing the battery 2032 from HRM TRI for 10-15 minutes. my 945 also cannot connect and find HRM TRI after this disconnection